Homemade Stock-Mine 43

Moderator: berlin1945

Panzer212

Homemade Stock-Mine 43

Post by Panzer212 »

I began with a squared post, which I then had to make round.

I then began to cut away at the post at about 2200 rpms. I eventually began to get the right shape.

After a bit more cutting and some sanding I was done. I then tried to cut the point on the end of the post and of course it popped off of the lathe and nearly hit me in the face.

It made quiet a mess.

After cleaning the mess I had to shape the ZZ42 fuse. I simply took a round dowel rod and cut it down to the correct diameter. Unfortunately I could not go into much detail on the fuse.

I then smeared an acrylic caulk all over the head of the Stock-Mine to mask to wood grain, after a few coats it was good to go. I also stained the stake in a light oak.

Lastly I painted the "concrete" head and the fuse.

I was now finished, here is the finished product.

littletankman

Re: Homemade Stock-Mine 43

Post by littletankman »

Nice work mate . The top pin looks tricky to shape I hate doing that type of thing along with D rings . But nice project .

Andy
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

That's the good thing about it being just a piece of cast concrete, it does not need to be perfect.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi mate that's true I meant the wire pin mate I hate making them , more bino pics coming up later.

Andy
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

Oh, the pin. It took me a few attempts to get it looking right and even then I was not entirely satisfied with it. Nothing I can do now, I gave the mine to a friend as a birthday gift.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”