M39 Profile with Dimensions?

Moderator: berlin1945

Panzer212

M39 Profile with Dimensions?

Post by Panzer212 »

Could anyone give me the dimensions of an M39 egg grenade. I need to draw up a profile of one as I would like to try my hand at making one on a wood lathe.
littletankman

Re: M39 Profile with Dimensions?

Post by littletankman »

Hi mate like the idea , please let me know how it goes.

Andy
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

I sure will, I have already made a few M24s on a lathe.
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

If anyone could measure the height and width of their M39 grenade I could make a computer model and publish the drawing sheets on the form like I did with the S-Mine. I would need the height and width of the main body and the fuse cap.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi mate nice I was a woodmachinist my dads s model enginer .We sold our wood machines when we moved.Stil mske stuff. I made my replica G43 and the wooden scope box. Im also trying to make a 6x30 bino case.All my stuff id on here. We are you based.
Andy
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

I have seen your scope case, it is very impressive. I am also very interested to see how your bino case comes out. I live in the United States in the state of Michigan.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Im in Peterborough Cambs UK . Thanks Im just doing another scope box then back on bino case. Would like to dee your work.

Andy
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

Since I have just entered the hobby in 2010 I have yet to build up a large pile of projects, but I do have some stuff I could share. I will post photos later today as I am about to go to mass, have a busy day on Sunday so getting it out of the way.
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

First off here are a couple of the M24 grenades I made on a wood lathe. They cost me a fraction of what it would have cost me to just buy one. One is made of oak and the other is a softer wood (can't think of the name).

Next are just a couple of signs I painted. One field hospital sign and the other is indicating a telephone station, as I do have a 10 line switchboard display.

Like many others I have a half finished Torn Fu D2 radio set. The transceiver is practically done, the battery box is the next big step. I also have a resin face plate of a Torn Eb receiver.

Lastly, I made a DKE-38 civilian radio. When I saw the one that someone made on this forum I just thought that was very impressive and wanted to try to make one myself. It has two cheap mp3 speaker mounted inside that get just loud enough for events. Unfortunately I have yet to find knobs for the front.

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Fantastic mate well done l did some more to my third ZF4 scope box .Going back to bino case next.

Andy
Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

Thanks, keep us all updated on how the bino case goes. Now if anyone who owns an M39 could please measure the height and diameter of the body and cap, whenever you have time.
woestijnvoske

Post by woestijnvoske »

I took the dimensions of my replica M39 egg, and from an original ignitor.
I hope it helps.

Panzer212

Post by Panzer212 »

Thank you Woestijnvoske for taking the time to get these measurements for me, I really appreciate it. I will keep you all posted on my first attempt to make one.
woestijnvoske

Post by woestijnvoske »

No problem, I hope you can still make out the numbers, as they appear to be a bit blurred
Good luck!

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”