Shipping to the UK

Moderator: berlin1945

franz20

Shipping to the UK

Post by franz20 »

What is the best way to ship a firearm to the UK. NOW, I mean a demilled firearm.

I posted my ZB-30 dummy for sale or trade, but I am curious as to what the UK's firearm laws are. (No offense your laws are kinda confusing). What would be the recommended preparations for the firearm, that will assure safe and legal shipment to the UK?

I appreciate anyone's insight on this matter.

Franz
Pug42

Re: Shipping to the UK

Post by Pug42 »

Unless it is deactivated to (and proofed by) a UK proof house, the only way to get it in would be to ship it to a nominated RFD (Registered Firearms Dealer) who can then get it proofed by a UK house before passing it on to the end customer. It would all cost obviously...

UK proof standards are generally more strict than most European standards, hence European deacts are considered the same as live weapons under UK law, with attendant penalties for possession...

However you mention 'dummy' so is this a demilled actual gun or a non-working replica?
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
johankreig

Re: Shipping to the UK

Post by johankreig »

Either way the VCRA would apply, if its a deac, you will need British proof house markings and certificates as mentioned above, however if it is a prop, non working replica such as the denix style or airsoft then aslong as your buyer can prove there exemption fromn the VCRA such as being a member of an official re-enactment group e.g. NWW2A, N40, AFRA etc... and they are prepared to take possible flak from customs then there should be no issues. however in either case customs will more than likely interviene and the buyer would then have to contact them with proof of there exemption and usualy pay a fee which can, depending on the circumstances, be silly money i.e. if they seize it at customs.

hope this helps.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”