Where can I get a K-98k??

Moderator: berlin1945

FschJg_Heilmann

Where can I get a K-98k??

Post by FschJg_Heilmann »

I am looking for a non-firing/firing K-98k rifle.. Thanks for your time and advice!
FschJg_Heilmann

Re: Where can I get a K-98k??

Post by FschJg_Heilmann »

I found a Yugo Captured K-98. Is that acceptable for reenactments?
Halle

Post by Halle »

Herr Heilman ,
There are lots of posts on this forum ( especially recently ) about getting hold of a k98 ( use the search facility or just check the wanted list ), but in answer to your question , generally speaking , yes , a Yugo copy ( or capture? ) is acceptable , check with the group you're with . The Yugo is cheaper and more readily available in live fire form than an original , though if its deact you're after , I'd get an original . Henry Krank has Yugo live fire and deact original , Ryton arms the latter , then just look for gunmarts etc. online for others :D

Hope this helps ,

Regards ,

Halle
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

ryton arms usualy can get one, thats where i got mine, or try milweb
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

be careful of milweb, someone recently had a k98 on the as a blank firer, yes it WAS a re activated firearm and can only be on a fac1, having said that who in their right mind is going to by re activated a K98 blank firer? I spoke to the boss of millweb and the item was quickly removed
graham
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Ryton Arms are Russian capture jobs and usually come with nasty brown varnish
and have to be stripped also are stamped with Russian capture marks, try
Battleflag Militaria he had some decent ones with deact certs :wink:
Peiper
Recce 1

Post by Recce 1 »

Ryton Arms sold out a long time ago and only offer examples now which they have purchased in from other dealer/collectors.

Their days as the principal UK importer from the Ukraine buying in huge quaities and selling them cheap are long gone.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Recce 1

Post by Recce 1 »

Note by definition these would appear to Ukrainian imports the same as Rytons so unless WWA have been carrying out cosmetic works on them, they will be post-war refinished and not be original matching numbers.

Can anyone comment further on them.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

My last k98 came from wwa, true, the bolt doesn't match but all the other numbers are the same and the only other stamp apart from the waffen ampt ones is from the proof house.
Decent enough rifle for displaying.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Recce 1 wrote:Ryton Arms sold out a long time ago and only offer examples now which they have purchased in from other dealer/collectors.

Their days as the principal UK importer from the Ukraine buying in huge quaities and selling them cheap are long gone.
Lol .....i was going to mention that....although they still have the odd one in from time to time,
but i wouldn't have said they were cheap, as far as i could remember they sold the last batch
of Russkie captured Kar-98's last year and they were going for around £180-£220, the guy i
mentioned at Battleflag does them for around that mark, give or take a few quid !!!
VonSchnitzel

Post by VonSchnitzel »

www.keystonearsenal.com in the US

Thats where I got my K98 Replica
Western Australia's Only WW2 Reenacting Group
World War 2 Forces WA
http://www.ww2forceswa.com

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
18th Luftwaffe Field Division
German Combat Medic
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

its a little difficult to tell you where to get a deac k98 if we dont know what country you are from. if you are in the uk there's NO CHANCE of getting one outside the UK because of our strict gun laws. 3 counties show was last sunday, there were a number of good K98 Deacs there. have you tried going to a militaria fare?
pepperpot
Recce 1

Post by Recce 1 »

Peiper wrote:
Recce 1 wrote:Ryton Arms sold out a long time ago and only offer examples now which they have purchased in from other dealer/collectors.

Lol .....i was going to mention that....although they still have the odd one in from time to time,
but i wouldn't have said they were cheap, as far as i could remember they sold the last batch
of Russkie captured Kar-98's last year and they were going for around £180-£220, the guy i
mentioned at Battleflag does them for around that mark, give or take a few quid !!!
They were cheap when they were bringing them in by the Container Load. With my interest in Russian Maxims I used to call in to inspect when ever they brought new batches in.

Just wish I had brought one of the MG34 Tripods when they imported them. You won't see them that cheap again.

If the WWA K98's have none of the Russian capture rebuild marks on the metal work or wood and no signs of them being removed they are a good purchase, but I always look very closely at their products as there descriptions are often very ambiguous.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Recce 1 wrote: Just wish I had brought one of the MG34 Tripods when they imported them. You won't see them that cheap again.
MG-34/MG-42 tripods are still around reasonably priced, but the Yugo types, although you have to shop around
and try to find them, fetching about the £100-£150 mark, i saw one on ebay about 6 months ago and it went for £85 :wink:

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”