Where can I get a K-98k??

Moderator: berlin1945

Tommy

Re: Where can I get a K-98k??

Post by Tommy »

Peiper wrote:
Recce 1 wrote: Just wish I had brought one of the MG34 Tripods when they imported them. You won't see them that cheap again.
MG-34/MG-42 tripods are still around reasonably priced, but the Yugo types, although you have to shop around
and try to find them, fetching about the £100-£150 mark, i saw one on ebay about 6 months ago and it went for £85 :wink:

I guess you're talking about AA tripods there Pips, I think Recce 1 meant the sustained fire or lafette tripods, they are considerably more expensive!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

The Yugo lafette tripods are still about at a reasonable prices, just a case of looking for them,
admittedly the wartime German types are pretty expensive but the post war ones are still about,
a couple on ebay at the moment, ebay nr: 290816462854 at the moment £199, the other ebay nr:
281025891900 at £350 :wink:
FschJg_Heilmann

Post by FschJg_Heilmann »

pepperpot wrote:its a little difficult to tell you where to get a deac k98 if we dont know what country you are from. if you are in the uk there's NO CHANCE of getting one outside the UK because of our strict gun laws. 3 counties show was last sunday, there were a number of good K98 Deacs there. have you tried going to a militaria fare?
pepperpot
I am in the US. I live in Mississippi
Recce 1

Post by Recce 1 »

I would suggest this forum if you live in the USA.

http://forums.gunboards.com/forum.php
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Peiper wrote:The Yugo lafette tripods are still about at a reasonable prices, just a case of looking for them,
admittedly the wartime German types are pretty expensive but the post war ones are still about,
a couple on ebay at the moment, ebay nr: 290816462854 at the moment £199, the other ebay nr:
The one you show on ebay is nothing like a wartime "Lafette", the Yugoslavs did make a direct copy postwar (although not all had the optic mounts) and these still fetch quite high prices, but this isn't one!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Tommy wrote:
Peiper wrote:The Yugo lafette tripods are still about at a reasonable prices, just a case of looking for them,
The one you show on ebay is nothing like a wartime "Lafette", the Yugoslavs did make a direct copy postwar (although not all had the optic mounts) and these still fetch quite high prices, but this isn't one!
There are two ive mentioned although these were shown for examples to show prices, but if you want to split hairs the optics can be removed and the tripods converted, there is also a set up (incl MG) on Arundel militaria, but again
this can be converted !!!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I'm not splitting hairs or picking an argument with you, its simply that the one you refer to bears no resemblance to a WW2 MG34 lafette except it has three legs :D
If someone wants to "convert" one good luck to them, they'll be busy!!!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Tommy wrote:I'm not splitting hairs or picking an argument with you, its simply that the one you refer to bears no resemblance to a WW2 MG34 lafette except it has three legs :D
If someone wants to "convert" one good luck to them, they'll be busy!!!
All im saying is it is a cheaper option, if you go to reenactor shows, you will see the post war (Yugo) MG tripods
being used, they are everywhere lol, minus the optics and being resprayed ordinance tan of course lol, not
everybody has a spare £1500 plus for an original pre 1945 tripod :roll:
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Gents title of the thread is where can i get a k-98 not an argument about tripods kindly open another thread if you want to continue.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:Gents title of the thread is where can i get a k-98 not an argument about tripods kindly open another thread if you want to continue.
Of course, my apologies! I'm done anyway :roll:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Sorry for drifting from the topic Crazy-FG, as for the lad looking for
a deact KAR-98 seeing as how he is across the pond it may be easier
looking at dealers closer to home or any US members on here wishing
to part with one :?:
Good hunting, Pipes
FschJg_Heilmann

Post by FschJg_Heilmann »