ZF-41 carry case

Moderator: berlin1945

askhati

ZF-41 carry case

Post by askhati »

Hi guys

Some questions about the ZF-41 scope carrier case:
1) Where would be the best source for a repro case? I have seen them on eBay before, but now that I'm actively looking for one, I cannot find them anywhere... Bloody Murphy...
2) When carried on the belt, where exactly were they fitted? The few photos I have seen showed them somewhere over the left kidney, at about the same place that the e-tool carrier would hang. Was there any regulation and/or over-riding field practice that governed their wearing?
3) The ZF-41 mount has a screw that needs to be tightened to lock the mount to the scope rail - so what was commonly used to tighten this screw? Would the scope case contain a screw-driver to install/remove the mount, or was there a special tool for this?

Thanks in advance for helping.
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
erikbozwo2

Re: ZF-41 carry case

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Ask Sheik al Stranghi.
CDB taking it way too serious!
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

1) http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Sea ... er=1047800

2) " Trageweise des ZF41.
Das Zielfernrohr 41 wird mit zubehör im Behälter für ZF41 nach Bild 3 verpackt und am Leibriemen links neben der rechten Patronentasche geträgen. " (The ZF41 with accessoires will be packed according to illustration 3, and worn on the belt, on the left of the right-hand side cartridge pouch.

(so that's inbetween your belt buckle and your right hand side ammo pouch.)

Source: "Anleitung für die Ausbildung und den Einsatz vond Scharfschützen, OKH, 15.5.1943

3) you don't touch the screw. You just click it on with the spring. If the screw is loose, tighten it, but otherwise don't ever touch it, certainly not in the field.
askhati

Post by askhati »

Thanks for the informative reply, appreciate it.
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”