zib-militaria's MG53 purchase ?

Moderator: berlin1945

Hauser

zib-militaria's MG53 purchase ?

Post by Hauser »

Zib's have reduced the MG53 down to 339 Euros which is about = 267.347826 British pounds, just wondered if anyone has ordered one from them ? or had customs problems ?

They do appear to be a good buy! as i have seen private sales for £300+ :shock: :shock:
AFRA member
GraemeMac

Re: zib-militaria's MG53 purchase ?

Post by GraemeMac »

They are deactivated to German standards, not UK. Risky game to play given they aren't proofed in the UK, and by law will still be 'live'....although we know fine well they arent.......Not worth the hassle.

http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/default ... %3A42%3A03 is about as cheap as you'll get a 53 in the UK.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Thanks GraemeMac for link and info many thanks Rich
AFRA member
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Hauser wrote:Thanks GraemeMac for link and info many thanks Rich

As Graeme says, it is a minefield and best avioded, European de-acts are illegal in UK and will place you on wrong side of the law.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
VonSchnitzel

Post by VonSchnitzel »

What about his MG34 Replica?
I have been thinking of getting one from him to send to Australia.
Surely they should be fine?
Western Australia's Only WW2 Reenacting Group
World War 2 Forces WA
http://www.ww2forceswa.com

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
18th Luftwaffe Field Division
German Combat Medic
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

VonSchnitzel wrote:What about his MG34 Replica?
I have been thinking of getting one from him to send to Australia.
Surely they should be fine?

depends upon whether or not replica's are legal in australia, some replica's over here are different coloured now with red or orange, you would need to check with customs.Also I believe that European de-acts are not acceptable in ROI although perhaps some one could throw some light upon this as well as when I spoke to others they were doubtful as to legal status of these.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

10. What about deactivated firearms?

Deactivated/defective firearms, not capable of being fired, may be kept on the written authorisation of the local superintendent. The superintendent must be satisfied that the firearm is actually permanently deactivated and may request certification of same from a recognised proof house and have the firearm examined by a suitably qualified member of the Garda Síochána. Ballistics section Garda H.Q. may also be contacted to offer any further assistance if required. The serial number on a deactivated firearm should always be maintained for identification purposes.

As per Depatement of Justice website

VonSchnitzel

Post by VonSchnitzel »

Replicas are fine here
I already have 3

Just wanting to know if anyone had already purchased a MG34 or MG42 Replica from zib thats all
World War 2 Forces WA

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
German Combat Medic
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

The Zib MG34 replica would be fine even in a toy store...you can feed a belt and move the sights...that's about it, can't even pull the bolt back. It's not a replica I would want to use on the field because of this, but perfect for a display such as in a museum. The MG53 would be better for reenacting if your country will allow them.

But on the other hand, the other zib replicas are decent with movings parts (But the pistol's safety on most pistols there won't move), but be warned that they are "Gusseisen" made replicas. (Cast-iron) which due to the high quantity of Carbon can be britle, therefore one cannot be as rough with them as an original, but perfect for shows.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
sarge40

Post by sarge40 »

Schnitzel,
I know for certain that Zib will not send anything weapon related to Australia. he got caught out a few years ago and has blackbanned Australia as the customs requirements are too severe.

Sarge
SchutzeHagemann

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

Man I feel sorry for you guys across the pond. :? You guys should just move over here to the U.S. and you can fire real guns and own em too! :)

Sam
Kampfgruppe Steiner
VonSchnitzel

Post by VonSchnitzel »

I have spoken to Zib a few time by email and has agreed to sell me one in Australia at my own risk
So I may get a cheaper replica first to see how it goes.
World War 2 Forces WA

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
German Combat Medic
sarge40

Post by sarge40 »

VonSchnitzel wrote:Replicas are fine here
I already have 3

Just wanting to know if anyone had already purchased a MG34 or MG42 Replica from zib thats all

Zib outright refuses to send to Australia, seems it has caused him hassles before.
kiler

Post by kiler »

SchutzeHagemann wrote:Man I feel sorry for you guys across the pond. :? You guys should just move over here to the U.S. and you can fire real guns and own em too! :)

Sam
Sorry for digging out that post, but maybe other US based member will answer: is it really possible to own firing MG-53 or MG-3 in US? How about other historical guns?
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Yes, US based reenactors can own live MG42/53 and MG34s, but it depends on individual State regulations as to whether they can have full auto or semi-auto. As these guns have to be rebuilt from 'de-militarized' examples cut into three or four chunks with gas torches they tend to be expensive. I believe a full auto original uncut MG42 could go for around 25,000 dollars whereas a rebuilt M53 might be as little as 2,000 dollars if you can do the welding work yourself?

Perhaps a US reenactor can elaborate further?
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”