Hudson PPSH conversion to standard blanks ?

Moderator: berlin1945

ringer

Re: Hudson PPSH conversion to standard blanks ?

Post by ringer »

Their barrels are fitted to the receiver and inside is a large high carbon steel block to prevent drilling ...they do have a sort of gas bypass system but Im not sure if this would cope with all the 22 force...plus you still have the issue that the bolts are brittle and the face of them is designed so they cannot have a firing pin fitted.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I had the very first Hudson PPSH 9mm BF made by the venerable Steve Goodman. It was a superb piece of kit. I sold it some years ago to a SBG member and I don't know where it is now.....

They are difficult - as Ringer says - everything is virtually scratchbuilt and therein lies the problem - "readily convertible" - when making it you have to be careful to stay within the law........

But that said - PPSH 41s are plentiful - and come 2013 I am certain that there will be an affordable option for hiring and using real ones...... seeing as someone I know has just bought around 25 or so..... :wink:
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Thanks for input Paul, That's the problem, milling and turning up the major components could easily put me on the dark side of the law, so before i stat machining away, its knowing where a blank fire stops and the fire arm starts ( i don't) its looking more like me leaving it well alone and just, taking your advice and leaving it at what it is..... a part of reenacting history ? and hiring what in need for a battle, 25 ??? put one to one side for me ! oh and a sack barrow of ammo ! :lol: :lol: thanks again Rich
AFRA member
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Again the multiple grey areas of Firearms Law will impede you - You will be making pressure bearing parts - Which - according to law are Section 5 Prohibited Items........ The knack would be to make it so that it is NOT readily convertible....... And preferably so that it did not take or would be capable of taking standard parts.

A Pesh is a very simple bit of kit anyway so knocking one up wouldn't be too difficult for a skilled machinist...... it's just the legality of doing so and then ownership.....
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Im Deff going to leave it well alone Paul....! just for fun i think i'll track some PFC 7.62 Hudson cartridges down someone's going to have a box some where ? ...looks like i am back to trawling the web again LOL ...mind you its a nice looking replica, its got that going for it ! :)
AFRA member
ringer

Post by ringer »

yeh best keep it as a wall hanger / display piece and then go see Paul the next time you are going into battle , hire one of those nice real ones and feel some history in your hands....

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”