Denix STG44

Moderator: berlin1945

mauser98

Denix STG44

Post by mauser98 »

I'm looking for a dummy STG44/MP44 for display purposes. How does the Denix version hold up compared to other versions? The finish appears painted as opposed to blued. I have seen one for $299 US. Is that a good deal?
I'd appreciate your educated opinions.
Thanks,
mauser98
Oakleaf

Re: Denix STG44

Post by Oakleaf »

Hi, I think they are fairly poor up close, ejection port doesn't open, magazine is all solid no spring/follower movement. spring trap on the stock does not open. It will cock and dry fire. don't think it can be stripped etc and I believe there are no makers marks/stamps etc on them . But if you just need a display it may look ok and hell of alot cheaper than Shoei but then the Shoei models are far superior. Don't know about the finish. Guess its down to budget and application.
mauser98

Re: Denix STG44

Post by mauser98 »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the finish looks painted to me(maybe I can parkerize or blue it?) I have a semi auto MP44 here in the US and it's a pretty expensive weapon to display at living history events. The Shoei one is spot on but costs around $1,500 US. A $300 display version might just work for that purpose.
Jim

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”