Selling to Republic of Ireland DeActs

Moderator: berlin1945

dagda

Re: Selling to Republic of Ireland DeActs

Post by dagda »

Thats incorrect and wrong. Im no legal expert, but Im a member of an established group who has dealt with this. If you are going to post about this situation please be careful to give the correct advice. What you have to do is contact your local firearms officer show your Irish deact cert, or get it done through a gunsmith, and permission will be given or not, depending on the reason for having said items. ie being in a recognised reenactment group with proper insurances.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

dagda

Post by dagda »

Funny that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dagda

Post by dagda »

It has always been that way. No change, no agenda, no nothing. Im not been bad Mairtin, but we sort this out all of the time with the the Gardai, of whom we have a good relationship. It is the way it is. You can call it how you want it. As I said Im no legal expert.

dagda

Post by dagda »

Then the police can seize it and then prove if its not a firearm, which can take months, as I said this has always been the way, as certain groupings over the last 40 years had a problem recognising the Irish Republic and thus we had had fairly strict gun control laws, moreso then in the Uk. Storm in a teacup.

mikebie

Post by mikebie »

Absolutely; storm in a teacup.

There is, and never has been, any issue with bona-fide re-enactors travelling to or from shows in the Republic. An Garda Siochana has always had a practical and reasonable relationship with re-enactors and are always willing to facilitate where necessary.

The only issue here is with unscrupulous individuals selling weapons (de-acts or RIFs) at 'militaria' shows/fairs and this will not impact on our hobby at all.

Groups hosting events here are more than hapy to assist anyone visiting - end of. Just ask.

Quoting circulars and individual interpretation of same here is of no benefit.

Moving on.
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

[/quote]
That would be a great defence to use as Dept of Justice just send circulars around or fun, the law on de-acts is changing but carry on doing as you wish to head in the sand approach , the information is not for those that believe they know it all, its actually for those that do not wish to be lured into a sense of complaceancy and then get arrested at the port or place of entry into the country as it is only a matter of time until this does happen so do be warned the system is changing and this is a precursor and a statement of intent to act .

this is not going to go away so in no sense of the word is it the end nor can any one afford to be complacent and move on with their head in the sand.[/quote]

I'm not trying to be clever - nor am I going to be drawn into an inane argument here. Believe me, I know the law.

Professional groups here in the Republic also know the law well thank you and making assumptions and sweeping statements will not change that.

The Department do indeed circulate the law - however An Garda Siochana are responsible fore enforcing it, and believe it or not, interpreting it, so once again, any groups travelling to events here please talk to a local group and they will in turn liaise with the Gardai if necessary on your behalf. No issues.

My final post on the issue.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”