Fantasy Piece?

Moderator: berlin1945

Hoffman Grink

Fantasy Piece?

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Will we see a rash of these this season I wonder? If so can we congregate around the wearer pointing and laughing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-WWII-Pan ... 300wt_1037

Anyone? Is it from a real item or a pure fantasy piece? I've never seen or heard reference to one before.
Stigroadie

Re: Fantasy Piece?

Post by Stigroadie »

A quick Google of images does not turn up anything that remotely resembles this beastie. There were lots of weird variations, some wicked looking tooled leather western style but nothing like this.
deviouswolf

Post by deviouswolf »

Took a look round the net and could find nothing at all except this shop selling them in black and brown,Not much to add to what you say as i have no idea if it was an authentic item but more pictures of the item.

http://www.ima-usa.com/german-wwii-panz ... black.html

Accompanying Descrition says...............

A faithful new made example of the very scarce German WWII Panzer Pistol Shoulder Holster designed for Tank Commanders. In dark brown leather, these bear replicated German WW2 Stamps and Dates. It comes complete with spare magazine pocket. This will fill that empty space in most WWII collections. Fine Chocolate Brown Leather and heavy stitching.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Ah - "VERY SCARCE" that'll be it then.
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Scarce? I'll take one for each shoulder.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
GD,obergrenadier

Post by GD,obergrenadier »

Ok,it is based on some kind of fact,years ago I found in a gun shop an interesting holster,it was a shoulder holster based on the US "tankers" holster but it used German fittings (studs and buckles etc) it was russet brown and wear marks on the inside showed that it carried a Walter p38 at one time.Is it German?.yes(there was a makers mark on the back).was it issued to German troops?.I really don't think so as it had too much of an American flair to its layout (an almost one to one copy of its American counterpart) I think personally that it was made postwar for occupation troops or possibly for the Bundeschwear (Spelling?). just so you know I paid 5 bucks for it and it was very dry and cracked so it was'nt new.
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

CDB taking it way too serious!
meyer

Post by meyer »

Worn by waffen ss or wehrmacht 1944? No .worn at beltring 2012 ?it will make a change from jeep spoting :lol:
deviouswolf

Post by deviouswolf »

From reading that forum I'm intreaged, I don't have the the subject knowledge you guys have but do have an interest so excuse my questions if it seems a little silly .

From that forum post and looking through original pictures, Am I right in saying that shoulder holsters was not used at all in the german army unless made non authorised. The reason I ask is a photo I took at kelmarsh had a german reinacter wearing one, and untill this post did not question it

Edit.

Mystery solved now ..been Told that it was not correct.
MP44

Post by MP44 »

GraemeMac wrote:Scarce? I'll take one for each shoulder.
:lol: :lol: Best part is that he's sold one already :lol:
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

An SS tank veteran told me that they wore a lanyard around their neck attached to a pistol when in action.I have a lanyard for my P08 which I picked up on my travels with "Massa Preece"(its well made,but I suspect its a Cz copy).
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

I am waiting for one of these ebay type chappies to come up with a repro version of one of these...................
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Peter the painter/ c96's and some other weapons ie hand guns were used in this fashion era 1916 to 1923 by Irish forces, So they were not uncommon although this particular one I have not seen before.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:An SS tank veteran told me that they wore a lanyard around their neck attached to a pistol when in action.I have a lanyard for my P08 which I picked up on my travels with "Massa Preece"(its well made,but I suspect its a Cz copy).
There are photos about of me using a lanyard to keep my pistol attached but it is holstered conventionally when not used - I have also kept a PPK in my trouser pocket (unloaded) as I heard first hand from Panzerveternaner that they did this as the holsters snagged in the tank - And their PPKs came from private purchase........
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Will we see a rash of these this season I wonder? If so can we congregate around the wearer pointing and laughing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-WWII-Pan ... 300wt_1037

Anyone? Is it from a real item or a pure fantasy piece? I've never seen or heard reference to one before.
Comeon Paul, just cos you have never seen or heard of one before, doesnt mean they dont exist. Its on the net, what further proof do you need. it would look really nice with a matching 44 dot hat and shorts.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”