K98 Bayonet Postage

Moderator: berlin1945

tgreenh2

K98 Bayonet Postage

Post by tgreenh2 »

Hi chaps

I've been talking to a chap over in the US with a view to buying his K98 bayonet, what are the chances that UK customs will impound it?

Any idea what the legality of it is? I don't usually buy knives etc over the internet and don't want to waste my hard earned pennies on something I will never receive has anybody on here done this or should I keep looking for one for sale in the UK.

Thanks

Tom
berlin1945

Re: K98 Bayonet Postage

Post by berlin1945 »

tgreenh2 wrote:Hi chaps

I've been talking to a chap over in the US with a view to buying his K98 bayonet, what are the chances that UK customs will impound it?

Any idea what the legality of it is? I don't usually buy knives etc over the internet and don't want to waste my hard earned pennies on something I will never receive has anybody on here done this or should I keep looking for one for sale in the UK.

Thanks

Tom

tom theres a guy on here selling a repro one with frog , you wont have any issues buying one from usa at all as i collect bayonets myself and often buy from different countries my bayonet collect now numbers over 40 bayonets k98, g98, lee enfield and martini henri ones , so dont worry customs cant take them , however you cannot buy a gravity knife / flick knife as these are illegal to import.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

They may not impound it,but I expect they will charge import duty/vat on it.These bayonets are very common and I think it would be cheaper in the long run to buy one in the UK.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:They may not impound it,but I expect they will charge import duty/vat on it.These bayonets are very common and I think it would be cheaper in the long run to buy one in the UK.John

excellent observation john even if given as a gift they charge based upon insurance value a percentage so beware buy in uk

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

On another note,I was told a story from the owner of our local American comic shop,that one of his customers who was into 'Aliens' bought a replica colonial marines combat knife over the internet and got a visit from the police/customs and they confiscated it despite it was only made of RESIN,he was told "you could hurt someone with that".They knew he was collector but they took it anyway,they told him if he had a museum he could have anything he liked.
Last edited by Brigardefuhrer on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

how do you declare yourself as a museum does any one know as having been raided myself they did mention that to me as well

tgreenh2

Post by tgreenh2 »

Thanks for the info and advice guys I'm going to stay local and buy one from the uk, When you take into account postage and import duties its not worth the hassle.

Cheers

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”