Blank Firing K98 on milweb

Moderator: berlin1945

pepperpot

Re: Blank Firing K98 on milweb

Post by pepperpot »

:o :o :o there you go paul, flogging your own armoury again :D :D :D :D
seriously though is there no way the current owner of this k98 be told, surely milweb must have some details, failing that, someone need to " shop" the seller before it gets really dodgy and yet another punter ends up doing time and then this incident again will affect us all :twisted: :twisted:
barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

As you rightly say Paul, the prettiest ones are the live ones. I know its necessary in this day, age and country in some cases but IMHO it feels a loss to deact a firearm.

I strongly hope we never see that particular K98 on the circuit.
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

If I see it then as of now I am duty bound to report it. Legal requirement as I am sure you are aware Matt.

A lot of important firearms are being deactivated simply for profit mate - Good for collectors, bad for shooters in a way. Firearms of all types are becoming increasingly scarce and commanding higher and higher prices.

Back to this K98. If the vendor is a German Re-enactor and is reading this - or you read this and you know who it is. Please read and think carefully. If that is a live firearm that has been converted in ANY way then if you do not have a Section 1 FAC (FireArm Certificate) with the relevant provision to enter that type and calibre firearm on it - you are breaking the Law. A Rifle does not carry the same mandatory sentence that a pistol does, however you may be charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, depending on where they arrest you and what you tell them you may be charged with having an unlicensed firearm in a public place and you may also be charged with other related offences. In this current climate I would say you are risking a custodial sentence so please - take appropriate steps - Recover your money from the vendor and hand the illegal item in for destruction. Oh - and in the case of firearms, ignorance of the law is no defence.

This is a potentially very sticky situation and I do not envy either the vendor or the buyer. All for the sake of a bang and a bit of kudos.
Walther

Post by Walther »

Hoffman Grink wrote:All for the sake of a bang and a bit of kudos.
I've fallen into this trap myself at the Mercedes Sauna suite in Bradford many years ago. Seemed clever at the time, but could have ended very badly ;)

Anyway, reading through the post, someone got in touch via our website last week regarding a K98 which had a similar description and asking price. Sounded dodgy so I left it at that, deleted it and never responded - did anyone else get it?

Neil.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

i have today contacted MILWEB and the advert has been removed. They appreciate in bringing this to their attention which is now being looked into.
graham

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”