Moderator: berlin1945

Peiper

Re: How dirty is your kit?

Post by Peiper »

Lol :D :D
andrrewdamien

Post by andrrewdamien »

I think the question of personal taste. In my period of service, we have always taught in good condition, in order to maintain our toolkit, and even in the exercise. But basically It should contain all first aid equipments which can help to survive in critical situations.
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Jugend Repper wrote:Dont forget to polish your boots now that your in SBG :wink:
:lol: :lol: Very true!,the veteran who taught us drill 'drummed' into us that a soldier is a clean person and he did not like to see dirty boots,the worse thing you could say to him was "but I've seen a photograph",he would explode and reply "and photographs can be wrong".He maintained clean your kit first and then get it dirty,this idea of having dirty boots to 'look combat' is a RE-ENACTOR excuse for not bothering to clean them,it will not wash with veterans,be they British or German because they have been taught otherwise.
If you portray FG your uniform must be imaculate,otherwise how can you correct soldiers about their uniform,same goes for officers even in the field you are expected to set an example! to qoute Michael Caine from 'Zulu' "A chap should look smart in front of the men!" :lol:
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”