K98 Dummy Ammo complete with stripper clips - where to buy?

Moderator: berlin1945

J.Klinsmann

K98 Dummy Ammo complete with stripper clips - where to buy?

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Hi Guys

im looking for some dummy ammo for my boy hes to young to take to the field yet, so i wanted some dummy rounds to pack out his pouches with

Any Ideas where I can buy some?

Thanks in advance lads

Nick
3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

GraemeMac

Re: K98 Dummy Ammo complete with stripper clips - where to b

Post by GraemeMac »

Don't bother with SOF's crap, it may well be 7.92 brass(well, civvy 8mil!), but the projectile definately isn't, and they lack primers.

I've got some 7.92 from Ivan at Antique Armoury(just fire that into google!). Just plain old FMJ with a brass case though, no lacquered steel case jobbies. I think he does sell some wartime examples however.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
feldman

Post by feldman »

Retired & Armed
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Thanks Graeme & Feldman for your quick reply

Nick

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Zib have some cool stuff but they are a pain for the British to buy from. :cry:
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

dave cooper antique armouries look at links i placed up before , however you can buy them either with primers struck or unstuck but inert .. however i do caution you there apparently is no such thing as an inert primer , it actually is a real primer which has had the bullets steeped in oil to kill the primer , so be careful if you buy that you steep them yourself in oil to be confident that primer is inert
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

berlin1945 wrote:dave cooper antique armouries look at links i placed up before , however you can buy them either with primers struck or unstuck but inert .. however i do caution you there apparently is no such thing as an inert primer , it actually is a real primer which has had the bullets steeped in oil to kill the primer , so be careful if you buy that you steep them yourself in oil to be confident that primer is inert

Thanks Martin, for the brilliant advice I would never have known about the primer...........so really its best to go for the struck ones then really.

Cheers again Martin

Nick

Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Try Battleflag Militaria, they have some original dated ammo clips,
think they were about £15 to £20 for the stripper clip and x5 rounds,
i think the primers have been fired though ???

Good luck Pipes :wink:
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Cheers Pipes

I will check out battleflag, though to be fair I find Fetos who owns it very expensive, I have bought items off him before though, but like most things its knowing where to look so you arnt ripped off...........so a big thank you for all the guys advice on here.

Nick

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

J.Klinsmann wrote:so really its best to go for the struck ones then
Not if you want your dummy rounds to look like real ones? What are you going to put dummy rounds in that could ever strike the primer?
You dont soak bullets to force the primer to take on the oil, you dont soak the case with the primer in. You soak the primer if you want to be sure its corrupted, I did mine for a week but I dont think you need to do it for that long.
They bubble gently and I stirred them every other day or so.
Unless you have an FAC it's now rather a mute point, you cant buy live primers in the UK now without that FAC.
There is no real reason you should not be able to buy inert primers. The maker just needs to interrupt their production line once the cup is made and before the chemical and anvil are installed. Getting that done is probably not as easy as typing it but it could be done. The quantities would almost certainly be greater than most of us would ever need.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

You cant buy inert primers and fit yourself from what I know , but you can buy inert rounds that have no filling in the cartridge with the primer made inert with soaking, however this can be hit and miss and if checked there is a possibility that they may strike no matter how long you leave them to soak for even if for a week or a month.

Speaking from experience here avoid unstruck primers unless you have an Fac as they will be considered as live rounds and checked for cartridge filliing , primer filling, having experienced Raids by Police and my stuff sent to Forensics for analysis I had to produce paperwork and receipts for every unstruck inert round that I purchased fortunately I had these and all the rounds were sequential.

So take some good advice buy struck rounds, or buy rounds with primer removed or buy rounds that have been forensically tested that way you defo know your on right side of law.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Thanks again for the advice guys

I will I think get the struck primer type, cheers Berlin

Nick

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

berlin1945 wrote:You cant buy inert primers and fit yourself from what I know
No, when it was legal you bought your own primers and rendered them inert.
berlin1945 wrote: however this can be hit and miss and if checked there is a possibility that they may strike
Do you have direct experience of this being hit and miss as I have never found one of mine that would fire. Yes, I did have some from every batch tested in casings without bullet.

I agree though that it is safer to have struck primers or no primers at all and leaves little room for doubt with the authorities.
Some countries require a hole drilled in the case or a bb introduced so it rattles. Some places want both.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

you are welcome as my rounds were held for almost two years by police until they processed my documents also I would caution if you buy a weapon , bayonet or rounds of ammo that you ask for a receipt and keep them in a folder as I did of

THE FOLLOWING
SPARE COPY OF DE ACT CERTIFICATE
Date
Time
Vendor and
Price paid
Method of Delivery and
mail tag ie the red post office registered post thing or DHL tag

That way if you ever get a visit to home or are stopped on the way to a show you have your binder or all transactions

Also another important point to consider ,

if you have a bayonet in front seat of your car unboxed its illegal ie knives should not be in a seated area of a car regardless or in a glove compartment.

if you have a bayonet/ knife/ sword in back seat of car unboxed its illegal

if you have a bayonet in boot of your car unboxed its illegal

all knives must be inside a container or a sealed bag so that public or a car thief cant access them , if not in a sealed box you can be charged with possession of an offensive weapon.

if you have a knife /sword/ bayonet in your drive way in your car and your drive does not have gates on it you can be charged with possession of an offensive weapon as your drive way will not be considered to be private because it allows public access , the presence of gates implies to the public that the land around the house is private access.

There is a loop hole in this law for your defense , and membership of group is not it nor is your insurance , if any one ever caught let me know i'll give you the loop hole for free.

berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Stigroadie wrote:
berlin1945 wrote:You cant buy inert primers and fit yourself from what I know
No, when it was legal you bought your own primers and rendered them inert.
berlin1945 wrote: however this can be hit and miss and if checked there is a possibility that they may strike
Do you have direct experience of this being hit and miss as I have never found one of mine that would fire. Yes, I did have some from every batch tested in casings without bullet.

I agree though that it is safer to have struck primers or no primers at all and leaves little room for doubt with the authorities.
Some countries require a hole drilled in the case or a bb introduced so it rattles. Some places want both.

yes i have experience of this having been raided curtiousy of a person i know and having my stuff taken by police and bomb squad in my home and it all taken away , fortunately i had receipts for everything as i have explained now i can sell my stuff whenever i choose and i can stand over everything being 100 percent genuine.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”