Record Luger 8mm blank

Moderator: berlin1945

pitfighter

Record Luger 8mm blank

Post by pitfighter »

I am in the US and have a Record brand 8mm blank firing luger. It fires the first round as it should, you can see the toggle move with the pressure from the blank but it doesn't have enough pressure to cycle the action.

Also when you cycle by hand the toggle locks in the upright position, unless you pull it back just enough to cycle the action, ejecting the spent round and chambering the fresh one.

This is a very quirky replica, does anyone have one, does it need another choke in the barrel to restrict the gases a bit more, it has a thread there as it is forward firing and came with one of those little cups for firing flares, so it would be easy enough to make one.

I have been using Umarex brand 8mm, perhaps there are hotter blanks available.

Any ideas, at the moment this is sitting unused.

Jesse.
John Wilson

Re: Record Luger 8mm blank

Post by John Wilson »

Any ideas, at the moment this is sitting unused.

Yes I've an idea, stop being a twat!
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

pitfighter, can you get me lots of repeating type M14s??? :roll: I'm willing to pay lots of bigmoneytoukhelpyouplease?!
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Any one got any Constructive comments to help this guy i know there is people out there with the knowledge and skills not to mention experience to help.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

OK I'll admit I might have been a bit terse, I had a bit of a mood swing yesterday and I shouldn't have been so brash, however, I thought it was in the for sale section and I got a bit arsey as to why it's unused but it's known to fire one round?
ringer

Post by ringer »

you can get tablets for those mood swings now :D either that or lay of the coffee a bit :wink:

Back to you Jessie

I have one of those Lugers (UK version ) and it fires no problem .

Your toggle sticking in the upright position ..Id have look at lubrication first perhaps ?
Secondly have a look at the ejector post ( that sits dead centre of the breech block ) with the toggle fully back can this part move a little ? if its too solid it may be restricting the rearward movement of the breech block.

Once the toggle is sorted you can have a look at the firing ( you may find the above sorts that )
If not then I`d look at restricting the muzzle end , if you can find the right sized grub screw ( hex head screw ) then you could drill out the closed end to about 3.2 mm and see if this sorts it out.
The exact hole in the grub screw may vary according to the blanks you have available so trial and error process here.
Once sorted though you may want to add a tiny weld to hold the grub screw in (to the steel thread in the barrel ) as if it came loose without you noticing it the pressure of a blank may be enough to make it a short range projectile :shock:

Sort the toggle movement first though because if you restrict the muzzle first you may end up breaking it .
Crazy Feldgendarme

Excellent answer Ringer from a guy who knows these weapons backwards.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:Excellent answer Ringer from a guy who knows these weapons backwards.
So that's why I always see him with his weapon the wrong way round! :D
Crazy Feldgendarme

Baggy!!!!!! :lol: you bugger :wink:

GeFoPo
pitfighter

Post by pitfighter »

Thank you, that was an excellent answer, very helpful!

The "terse guys" comments went over my head, I'm afraid, but I'm glad he's feeling better now.

Jesse.
NOMISS

Post by NOMISS »

Be very carefull about restricting the exhaust of the blank cartridge's generated gas, if this P08 was originally a live fire pistol the structure of the chamber will be a lot stronger than if the pistol is a replica blank firer.
You live in the US - so bring it to a gunsmith and tell him exactly what the problem is, this is the best option and is the safest option too, the last thing you want to do is lose a finger or worse over a few bucks to a gunsmith.
I am an Armourer and from what i take from the description of the problem, it could be a number of things, but best bet - go have a 'smith look at it.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

3 yrs too late BUT...
8mm rounds were made by two companies, FIOCHI Italy and a German company (Bruni?) I cant remember because if you used their rounds in your Italian blank firing pig metal gun it would blow it up..!!..so all was well using Fiochi 8mm brass...THEN some bright spark decided to start to glue ball bearings onto the rounds, drill a hole thro the blocked barrel and go holding up banks and generaly hurting people ...so Fiochi under EU threats of passing laws to ban the replicas reduced the charge ie power of their rounds and they changed the jacket to polished metal finish...this stopped their guns being used to kill/maim etc..but also because their M16s/AK47s and pistols had been produced to fire the higher charged brass 8mm Fiochi round they no longer worked as designed to..hence one shot wonders..nothing can be done...and dont put bruni in Italian made replica firers..it wont resemble a gun after.... and possible nor your hand look the same!.. :shock: .

Anyone have an idea where I can get a 8mm replic Luger?..denix I know of...
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

Pete Skillman wrote: Anyone have an idea where I can get a 8mm replic Luger?..denix I know of...
denix dont fire anything and as useful as tits on a fish but I'll try help you mate :)
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”