Kubelwagen

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Original Kubel running good nick £15k average.

I knew a reenactor paid £5k for a repro one 4 years ago that need a some work to it but nothing too serious last i heard it was up the north east but that was about 3 years ago.
Zundappuk

Post by Zundappuk »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Averaging £15K for a restored roadworthy one....... Top price paid so far is £18K There is a rae one for sale (Assembled 1945 by British Army) for £13K I believe. A Kuebl is a good investmetn if properly researched and wisely bought. Looked after and maintained. Some folks however have been known to buy them and leave them to rot.
Paul new restorations coming out of Czech run to £20K these days.

Like this one a friend of mine bought earleir this year
http://www.zundapp.co.uk/mjkubelbelt05.jpg

David
KDF

Kubelwagen

Post by KDF »

Hi, 2 or 3 kubels have come out the CR recently...one for £10,00 and the other 2 for £12,000 each!The prices seem to differ, but folk are asking an awful lot for them now a days...including complete heaps of scrap! Beware of buying anything incomplete...I did and it took along time to restore it

What most folk dont realise is that it`s fine to buy some needing restoration but if you need original parts ( or copies, thats where Kubel owners are lucky with all the copy panels) you could pay again the cost of the vehicle (or twice over) by the time you have tracked them down.

Also if you have no car/panelbeater/welding skills then it can make it hard.( you can learn all these but that takes time).

And also a garge big enough to work in AND all the tools you need.

I`m lucky with what I brought, but it still took 4 odd years to keep saving up to buy parts ( thanks to the ONLY one of 2 kubelwagen "experts" in the country, eg someone who doesnt call himself an expert, but damn well is!, who sold me a complete rolling chassis and original gearbox) and then fit the parts myself...NOT having the money or inclination of giving someone else to do. Said chap had MANY phone calls during morning,noon and night saying...Bloody German crap...it doesnt.....And Type 82 kubelwagens are simple little things compared to bigger trucks and Halftracks!

If you want a vehicle it`s going to cost quiet a bit of dosh...and dedication.

K
von bock

Post by von bock »

hi kdf you are 100% correct i agree you have to plan for any eventuality when it comes to vehicles of this age ,if you have chosen to get a vehicle restored you have to get the right person for the job !!!!but if you go for a restored vehicle you want to check that is done right not loads of filler like i say no point having a vehicle that looks great but is sh*t underneath :wink:
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
KDF

kubelwagen

Post by KDF »

Von Bock....Well I learnt the hard way and got ripped off in the UK by a couple of so called dealers...was a shame cause the rest are okay...you just have to ask precise questions and not be too keen( a failing of mine when I see something infront of me).

I was looking for another project but the prices have leapt up so much since I brought my complete wreck that it looks impossible. I need to save up again...but by the time that happens they will be even more expensive.Again I`m lucky to own what I do...I paid for it in time and money..
If you do want something then you
A) must have the money
B) have it in a plastic bag next to the phone
C) be prepared to get off your bum and travel to see it.I know of someone who`s just brought something without seeing it and will not be best pleased when he see`s it in the "flesh" so to speak.

anyway I`m waffling.
Regards,
Keith
Not an expert in anything apart from buying rubbish and rusty junk of no value.
von bock

Post by von bock »

again keith you are right i was lucky when i was getting my vehicles i expert opinions on what to buy and what not to buy as you say you got to get off you ass and go and see the vehicle in the flesh other wise you will get burned :cry: regards alan
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Weissmann

Post by Weissmann »

Hello All :)

I bought a replica Kubel a couple of years ago.

I parked it up next to a very nice origional Kubel at Detling & as you can see, its not far off at all ! (yea, mines the one on the right !)

I have to get some correct pattern tyres for it though ... and maybe a splash of camo !

It has an MG34 Mount, full hood and side windows. Tax'ed & MOT'd. I drive it at approx 65mph on the M25 and it scares the hell out of me ! :shock:

A Proud Member of the Second Battle Group.
http://www3.mistral.co.uk/sbg1/
von bock

Post by von bock »

not bad looks well , 65mph on a motorway :shock: your crazy :lol: :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Weissman
If you're doing 65 in Andy Warren's old Fibreglass koob - either you need the speedo recalibrating or you've put another engine and gearbox in it!
I once went to Beltring in it and it took us 7 hours!!!!!!

I've been in it doing 50 downhill and 35 uphill..... on the flat let's split the difference and call it 45...... Nice little wagen though - well put together with some thought....
Allegedly appeared in Bridge too Far and The Eagle Has Landed... May have squeezed into Hannover Street.......
Weissmann

Post by Weissmann »

It sure is Andy's old Kubel....

However, 65 Mph is a true reading !!!

My Father follows behind me in our "support van" when we go to different shows.

He confirms the actual speed it is doing because the speedo is out by approx 10Mph - due to the fact that I have put 16" wheels on it.

It reads 55Mph when I'm doing 65 Mph.

Not sure why you and Andy went so slow ...... ?

Owned it for two years this August, so I know what im talking about :)

I have had it fully serviced - and a new clutch - runs VERY well indeed !

Drops to 50Mph on some steep hills though :(

:)
A Proud Member of the Second Battle Group.
http://www3.mistral.co.uk/sbg1/
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

If you've got it doing that kind of speed I'm coming for a blast with you!!!!!! Once went to Pickering in it in October BRRRRRR! Mind you - You didn't happen to get a spare 1800 engine with it did you?
von bock

Post by von bock »

:lol: :lol:
Hollenweger

Post by Hollenweger »

Weissmann wrote:Hello All :)

I bought a replica Kubel a couple of years ago.

I parked it up next to a very nice origional Kubel at Detling & as you can see, its not far off at all ! (yea, mines the one on the right !)

I have to get some correct pattern tyres for it though ... and maybe a splash of camo !

It has an MG34 Mount, full hood and side windows. Tax'ed & MOT'd. I drive it at approx 65mph on the M25 and it scares the hell out of me ! :shock:
Aha I remember this particular vehicle from Waltham Abbey, you took us all for a ride in it 8)
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

This one says it was in bridge to far also or is it the same one?

http://www.kompanie1.co.uk/vehicles.asp

Return to “Vehicles”