Panther Tank Overhaul

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Tommy

Panther Tank Overhaul

Post by Tommy »

Apologies if its been mentioned already but there's a programme on UKTV History today (4pm & 10pm) about the restoration to date of a Panther recovered from a river in Poland.
Might be worth a look!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Oh it was.....! :lol:

Maybe now the "secret" is out, Kev will let me take some pics of the Panther to share with you?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

On again at 22.00 tonight - UKTV History.....
Botty

Post by Botty »

Can anyone video it for this luddite if its repeated?
warren

Post by warren »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Oh it was.....! :lol:

Maybe now the "secret" is out, Kev will let me take some pics of the Panther to share with you?
So what secret's that then ? has he finished it ? From what you said i was expecting to see it running on the telly...?

it is nice though... hmm... precious...
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

The secret is that next episode, Paul Jr is chroming the wheels, widening the back end and giving it a candy apple flame job. Leepu is going to make a spoiler out of an old nissan bonnet and the Kustomizers are fitting a jacuzzi into the turret and bass bins over the cooling fans..... 8)
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

I noticed that they showed two of Kevins, the one with the wrecked glacis and the zimmerited bottom half, but didn't mention that he had more than one ;)
warren

Post by warren »

daveydachs wrote:The secret is that next episode, Paul Jr is chroming the wheels, widening the back end and giving it a candy apple flame job. Leepu is going to make a spoiler out of an old nissan bonnet and the Kustomizers are fitting a jacuzzi into the turret and bass bins over the cooling fans..... 8)
funny you should say that .. The 'pimp my tank' monstrosity that was at last years W&P was 2 cut and shut 432's (i think) - it broke apart soon after ... ooops
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

The 'pimp my tank' monstrosity that was at last years W&P was 2 cut and shut 432's
??? :shock: I must have missed that!!!?? Anybody have a pic??
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It was the huge white thing with blue underlighters/// There is/was a website but I plain can't be botherd to find it!

Bryn - they did in fact show all three panthers - It's just that the cuts and shots were that fleeting and at mental angles......

The zimmerited hull was the one under restoration (obviously DUH!) Ther one on block opposite the offices is the one with the red/white paint on the corners and the one they took the Final Drives out of is in front of the "Famo Shed"

They took care not to have a certain other big cat in shot though!!!!!! and also did you glimpse the other vehicles littered around the yard? he he he!!!!
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Yes, I forgot about the one with the red/white stripes :D
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Oh that huge chavvy thing... yes I did see that (it went right past our display!) but I must have paid more attention to the pretty girls on top of it.. ahem... :lol: It wasn't a serious AFV so I immediately erased it from my memory banks!

PD - I was trying to simultaneously watch the main programme AND scan the background for interesting bits. I had clocked there were three different hulls but assumed you'd need bits from several to make one complete running example? From the discussions am I to understand they are hoping to have two running examples... not THREE surely... faints... and a T****!!??

He did say on the programme that he wouldn't live long enough to see everything that he owns restored!!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Riedmuller

Post by Riedmuller »

odd they said the Panther is one of the rearest Tanks you can get!? dont they know of
tiger
tiger 2
elephant
nasshorn
nedless to say one tank which is one of only 2 running with there origional powerplant and almost the same as the one in the program restored much the same :?
Was an Excellent program though with all that stuf they found in the botom 7.92 rounds spanners P38 slide i would do anything to work for one of these guys
but wish they would stop showing that fuggin modern tank shite
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

With regard to Kev's Panthers - He hopes to have two combat tanks and a Bergpanther RUNNING! Why? because he has only got two turrets!!!!

Kevin's effort is phenomenal.... He has had six of everything built/made etc. he has spare wheels and rubbers.... He has sold some to Jaques and other Panther club members but intends to fully restore all three.

He may not live to see all his stuff restored but moves are afoot to ensure the important pieces get done in the next few years.

Riedy - Not everything Kev has is for public consumption on the internet but suffice to say - we in the community (you included) know what he has.

Kev owns some MIGHTY important vehicles and these are being readied for projects...... trust me.

I watched it again at 22.00 - enjoyed it and had to chuckle...... Nice to see we Brits getting a mention. Show's it's not always "USA all the Way!"
Shergar

paul does kev have a web site

Post by Shergar »

paul does kev have a webb address or site so i can see what he has thank you

Return to “Vehicles”