Pz.Kpfw.35(t) turrets

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

West-Front

Pz.Kpfw.35(t) turrets

Post by West-Front »

http://www.panzerworld.net/panzerturretsnorway.html

Has their been any success with exporting German ordance from Norway to the UK for example ?.
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

I know of "Stuff" being exported from Norway to here, probably a few bits of German kit, but ouright turrets and such? I dunno to be honest, I've spoken to a gentleman who imported a Dodge truck from Norway that had been in a cave for 30-odd years, you'd probably have to have some sort of offical with you to see if all "harmful" peices of said turrrets had been removed else beyond recovery.

I mean that Artillery gun at the bottom would probably give customs a heart attack, regardles of wether it was rusted up or not, I suppose you'd have to work via a registered arms dealer or somesuch. I'm kinda hazy over what one could do to be honest.
Hoover

Post by Hoover »

We tryed to get the permission for importing a Pz 38(t) turret to Germany, but the Norwegian auhtorities blocked that. In some holidays we saw a lot of turrets of all kinds, especially on the Western Coast and the old air bases.

We also have seen a complete FT17 dug in as a bunker, think it was near the Stavanger airfield.
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

thanks for the information, just interesting to see it from a European perspective

Cheers
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Maus Commander wrote:I know of "Stuff" being exported from Norway to here, probably a few bits of German kit, but ouright turrets and such? I dunno to be honest, I've spoken to a gentleman who imported a Dodge truck from Norway that had been in a cave for 30-odd years, you'd probably have to have some sort of offical with you to see if all "harmful" peices of said turrrets had been removed else beyond recovery.

I mean that Artillery gun at the bottom would probably give customs a heart attack, regardles of wether it was rusted up or not, I suppose you'd have to work via a registered arms dealer or somesuch. I'm kinda hazy over what one could do to be honest.
Expand on this please. It seems to be a case of a posting to fill space.
I'd be interested to know what the "Stuff" was. Who imported it and where it ended up.
"A Cave in Norway" is a little exotic. Some background on that would be interesting too as if caves were being used as storeplaces, they would no doubt be worth investigating.

I only ask because as you can see - Amongst my rather extensive library of photographs...... there lies a turret....... and some other "stuff"..... IN the UK......
So a little more info would be a good thing...... please.
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Sorry, I posted while my head was still a little hazy, go hayfever!

I've seen a few Bedford trucks and a Dodge truck come from Norway, however these are unarmed vehicles and I suppose one would have to probably work with some sort of Customs offical to bring back something like the german artillery peice shown at the bottom of the page.

The two bedford trucks I saw where owned privately in my local area, the East Midlands, I dont know who imported them at the time but if I run into either owner again at these country shows then I shall ask, all I can remember was they came from a farmstead in Norway and were in a sorry-looking state when imported.

The dodge truck owner was a member of the 508th P.I.R group but thanks to my crummy short-term memory I have forgotten his name.

My apologies for not having a full MOT and history of the vehicles in question.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

No apology needed - I thought this was about German kit......... not green scheisse....... Any live weapons needs special treatment. Deacts done outside the UK too.... but we were on about vehicles.........
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:No apology needed - I thought this was about German kit......... not green scheisse....... Any live weapons needs special treatment. Deacts done outside the UK too.... but we were on about vehicles.........
Hence why I used the word "stuff" as opposed to being specific, I was mentioning it as the turrets could still contain weapons or such.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Slightly off topic I don't think most folks have even got a clue at what else
is standing there in that picture! :shock:

ANd before anyone asks/tells me - I will neither confirm nor deny the location. But it's probably NOT where your first guess lies..... :wink:
Franz repper

GREEN STUFF IN CAVES

Post by Franz repper »

Over here we still have some STUG III held as war stock just in case the rissians come got my name down as a crew man so has the rest of the troop in fact we will even bring are own uniforms! the Stugs were used till the late 50s the they were moved to second line service along with the PanzerIVs we still have them some were and i am looking
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Should be of interest to you.
Our Club President recovered and restored this one. It now lives with Jaques Littlefield....
http://www.andreaslarka.net/ps531016/ps531016.html
The rest of the site should be of interest to you..... Shows you what's about!
Enjoy.
http://www.andreaslarka.net/
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Hmmmmmm looks like a Fliegerabwehrkanonen mount there
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

One point each.....
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

thanks

some very nice scores there, look forward to perhaps seeing their restoration soon.

Return to “Vehicles”