pushbikes

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Could always buy one of those plastic display horses they have at museums and tie it to a cart, then claim he's poorly or something, so not very talkative. :lol:

I was only looking into this anyway, apparently 352nd is looking into getting an Opel Blitz, so I'd have to finance the damn thing. I'd rather save up my money and build a MAUS out of fiber-glass for a laugh. :lol:

Anyhow, blueprints of German Vehicles in general would be great, to drag this back vaguely ontopic... Any books and things folks could reccomend?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Blueprints of German Fighting Vehicles and Wheeled Transport 1936 - 45
Bend and Schiffer Publications written by Gunter der Schopp. Published 1999. ISBN Number 91882-13138-1
Has comprehensive drawings and construction notes on every motorised means of transport other than motorbikes and kettenkrads from the beginning of the Nazi era to the end. Fantastic photos which were originally in colour but have been b/w'd to make the book more authentic.
Should provide you with everything you want.
Has a glossary added in 2004 containing a list of suppliers who could be useful to people building replicas. I beleive this is the book the Tiger and also the BoB jagdpanther and StuG came from. I have a copy and would be willing to sell it for a very good offer.
von papen

Post by von papen »

cause horses are fecking expensive to keep and buy, when i was younger i liked horse riding, (shergar dont comment!) but the prices are immense, a pushbike id love to have seeing as i am doing hitlerjugend, but were could i get one?, i searched on the internet but couldnt find one, plus money is quite an issue with me, the bike would have to be 100-150 quid, unlikely im guessing
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

[quote="Fwbl Dollman"]Blueprints of German Fighting Vehicles and Wheeled Transport 1936 - 45
Bend and Schiffer Publications written by Gunter der Schopp. Published 1999. ISBN Number 91882-13138-1
quote]

Paul, is this the one that comes with the paper cut out models for you to make whilst dreaming of cardboard Stugs, fiberglass King Tigers and papier mache V2's? :twisted:
SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You got it Herr VonK

The PzIII made from cereal cartons is a real good beginner project. Strange how the German designers knew the width of a cornflake box would be the same as the fenders. Hardly any cutting and folding to do..... Lots of flat surfaces.... Doesnt' hold up well when crossing the River Bug though

Jeeze - Is it THAT LONG til Beltring... What else can I do until then?
von papen

Post by von papen »

does anyone know were you can get a original, or repeo wehrmacht push bike?
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

One could always try out East-wards, they seem to be selling all kinds of crap. They might have a bicyle out that way, just hunt some of the sales websites, aka "Google it" :P
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

von papen wrote:does anyone know were you can get a original, or repeo wehrmacht push bike?
All you need to get is any 1940's pushbike with rod brakes and leather sprung seat.
The German army used any pushbike they could get their hands on not just stanard issue bikes.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Dutch ones are particularly authentic
352nd

Post by 352nd »

von papen wrote:does anyone know were you can get a original, or repeo wehrmacht push bike?
look in the classifieds section there's one in there.
Stabsgefreiter Martin Hetch-2nd Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung, Grossdeutschland.

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

And the price reflects it. It's an ex AFRA bike soon to be ex HG bike..... We've all had a ride on her!!!

Why not just JOIN a group with vehicles???? If folks are so desperate..... there are mobs out there who need bodies to crew and stuff.... But it's not all about posing on them - These things need looking after too..... and getting to shows.....
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

how about building a "trojan" horse and we can all climb in to it and have it towed into any theatre of battle and all pop out of a hole in its arse when it gets dark :lol: :lol:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

les hearn wrote:how about building a "trojan" horse and we can all climb in to it and have it towed into any theatre of battle and all pop out of a hole in its arse when it gets dark :lol: :lol:
Tooooo.....many......jokes....mussst.... resist!!!
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS

Return to “Vehicles”