repro kubelwagens or other small german cars

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Muller

repro kubelwagens or other small german cars

Post by Muller »

May have asked this question before, and i have had a quick look on the net and found the useual suspects on there making them, but it looks like a lot of agro.

dont suppose there is any cheep ways to get a period looking ww2 german car without sending the Mrs out to work to finance it :wink: :shock: is there :?:

something ideal would be in the 1 to 5k braket whtch would not take a lot of work, simple maintenance and not to heavy so you get tow it without tearing the arse out of your motor 8)

isssing in the wind or are there any options?

dan.
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Opitions i can think of are an early split screen VW Beetle, repro kubel, small 40's family style cars, plus motorbikes.
I think has axis we are very limited to the amount of stuff we can have due to rarity and cost.
RUSS

cheap vehicle

Post by RUSS »

your best option is to find a pre 65 beetle , fit a rear split window , 16 inch kubel wheels , notek lights a coat of paint and a way you go .
I built one and took it too beltring last year and got a lot of intrest but i sold it not long after and regretted ever since .
When buying something always think about spare parts , how much , where can i find them if you keep it simple it won't cost you much money and you might even make a few quid .
cheers RUSS
jimmyvonk

Re: repro kubelwagens or other small german cars

Post by jimmyvonk »

Muller wrote: something ideal would be in the 1 to 5k braket
dan.
Erm... buy an ORIGINAL pre 1945 German vehicle!

Look at these e-bay babys! Coat of Ral 7021 and there you go!

And there REAL!

SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG

Return to “Vehicles”