can u use t-34's has a german tank commander?

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

ss-commander smeders

can u use t-34's has a german tank commander?

Post by ss-commander smeders »

hi can u use t-34's because in ww2 the germans captured a lot of t-34's and used the tanks
von papen

Post by von papen »

depends were you ment to be, if your fighting americans or british in normandy then nope id say, eastern front yea go ahead, i think only certain units used them though at least one was made up entirely of soviet tanks me thinks not to sure i am.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

erm.......no.
von papen

Post by von papen »

but i know they used them look up for pics i have some myself
`
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Yep - I know they used them too - I know a Veteran who operated them in WWII... He's German and that's virtually ALL he drove.... You ought to visit Muckelbro Museum pretty soon and maybe you'll see him..... :wink: He works there.

But T34s in German hands were only used in the East therefore you are restricting yourself to a little area of the conflict. You would also need to research your unit and couldn't battle against Tommies and Yanks....

So in general - it's a no. Building a Tamiya model on a diorama on the other hand... yes.
von papen

Post by von papen »

hhhhmmmm note that i said you can only battle on eastern front, you could just but a blowtorch some sheet metal and walah a replica tiger tank :P if only it were that easy :roll:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It is - Go look at tiger1's site!
1 T54/55, 1 Abbot SPG turret, 3 ton of steel...... voila! Instant Tiger.

Want to buy an SPG suitable to convert into an Elefant???? or a Ferdinand???? PM me..... :wink:
Want to buy an SPG (non running but VERY cheap) to confert into a StuGIII or other small Panzer? PM me :wink:
von papen

Post by von papen »

if i had any money i would, some thing i hadt thought about, an spg turned into an elephant tank wouldnt be to hard i imagine
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Well here's some food for thought.
A Ferdinand alongside a modern Soviet SPG...... 6 of which are already in the UK and for sale....

Some people say bad things about me - but I don't bullshit...... and I have the most wonderful ideas!!!!! :roll:
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

I know that that the panzerjager abteilung of the Das Reich was made up of T34's but again that was on the Russian front not sure if they had them on the Western front
von papen

Post by von papen »

i wonder if you could use the bottom half of a brit apc and covert it to a wespe, marder or nashorn?

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/t34.htm

have a look at that link to see about t34s in german service, pic of one with 3rd ss, something i didnt know!
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Well here's some food for thought.
A Ferdinand alongside a modern Soviet SPG...... 6 of which are already in the UK and for sale....

Some people say bad things about me - but I don't bullshit...... and I have the most wonderful ideas!!!!! :roll:
you never know, one day a random millionaire will visit this site ...
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

A FV432 has been used to build a StuGIII on - for Band of Bros by Steve Lamonby's crew.
They had to chop it and stretch it, inserting an extra roadwheel..... The driver sits on the right side of the vehicle behind a mocked up bulkhead and his vision is through the false track sections. This is because the engine sits at the front left where a STUG driver would sit.....

On the other hand I can sell you this
Which would easily convert to a StuG or some other SPG as the driver sits front left and the engine is amidships.... This is very cheap as it is complete but not running....

Folks paused over the halftrack and it went..... These will go soon too...

Oh and we have ONE of these left...
It's Soviet PT-76 amphibious tank...

Along with a command version (Minus turret and with a larger superstructure and map table etc...)
There is no shortage of project vehicles out there.....
ss-commander smeders

Post by ss-commander smeders »

thanks m8 but i have my eyes on a spg to convert into a german tank and it VERY VERY cheap and it runs!
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Some great ideas there Paul, but i guess it all hinges on if you are lucky enough to have the space, time, manpower and money to buy and convert these vehicles. I done even have a garage to park my car never mind a tank!!! :lol:

Return to “Vehicles”