Help with plans 222

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Wiganer

Help with plans 222

Post by Wiganer »

Hello all,

Our group looking to put together a full scale 222 during the season and winter months ready for the season next year, managed to get land rover chasis and other bits already, some members know how to weld and where to get the metal from, only tproblem is we are having trouble finding some plans / blueprints that will allow us to build it.

I know other groups have bult these before so can hanybody help either with some plans or know where to get them from, tried web searches etc No luck.

Would be willing to purchase, not looking for feebies.

any help or advice especially from the people in the Know.

regards Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

jon phillips

Post by jon phillips »

hi wiganer, i have built a 222 and a 223. the first one a 222 i used a rangerover and had to stretch the chassis and the propshaft, exhaust etc, a lot af aggro! the 223 i used a landrover 110 with a v8 petrol. the 110 axle wheel base is almost exact without having to stretch it. if you want the sizes, you could wait till the war and peace show and get the measurements there as i sold them to the second battle group. the 223 is much more accurate and the early version is a lot easier to fabricate. i also used 4mm steel plate as it will not bend easily. also i would use a diesel engine as you can run it on red diesel and also they dont have the overheating problem as the v8 petrol always runs hot. good luck. if you want any more help let me know. ok jon.
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Any chance somebody could point us 352nd lot in the right direction for some blueprints also? All I've found here is some twit claiming a Ferret could be converted and cant find anything on the internet resembling actual blueprints, just models and shots of real ones.

Surely somebody somewhere has some blueprints?
von papen

Post by von papen »

a landrover 110 chassis is all i know, it seems to be aclosely guarded secret, this is why we aint progressing, nobody wants to share or co operate :(
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

or you could ask SBG to run you a copy off of their plans that Jon philips sold them with the 222 and 223.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Just a thought.
SBG have a 222 and a 223... and another one whose Ausf I always forget....
Simon is building one.....
Wiggy wants to build one
Von Pap wans to build one
Maus now wants to build one

Is this going to be like Panzerschrecks? one day none then all of a sudden EVERYONE has one....

BTW - Mike Gibbs is restoring a REAL one.......

So surely someone could sit and think and come up with a replica vehicle that hasn't been done but ought to be done - Maybe an 8Rad?

Or if the 222 was built on the Horch Chassis (yes it was - You hadn't thought of this had you?) someone could build a Horch 1a? A good front engined troop carrier.....
Could be made road legal... easy to drive.......
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

I know Neil wants one too the perfect reccy vehicle :lol:
Simon has a point IMHO its the ease or the easiest opition to build a repro vehicle. With the 222 and 223 its all with the outside you dont have to bother with detail in the inside build something softskin you have all the details of the inside to deal with also.
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Its all about commitmant I suppose...the long hall etc. Like the halftracks.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Not so much "Building one" more "looking into the possibility of having a vehicle for our group, and ooh I like the look of these curvy recon car's with 20mm cannons on."

Besides, I want to be able to take the mick and speak like Hubert Gruber. :lol:

Besides the point, these were fairly common as recon vehicles I haven't yet seen a group that really justifies being much more then a squad in strength, around that of a recon element, or patrol, so you're bound to get something like this attached.

I'll look into the Horch 1a, perhaps you could suggest on how to make it road safe?
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

Maus Commander wrote:I'll look into the Horch 1a, perhaps you could suggest on how to make it road safe?
Check with VOSA and the DVLA first - if you make significant changes, then it may have to be reregistered as a 'Q' plate, in which case it be classed as a modern kit car and will have to meet current construction and use legislation. There is also UK/EU legislation on the use of certain materials and the angles etc. if you build a body on a vehicle over a certain age - from memory I think it is 1968, but I may be wrong.

Dave
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members

Return to “Vehicles”