Help wanted !!!

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

pvt Surkia

Help wanted !!!

Post by pvt Surkia »

Image[/URL][/img]

Empty shell with couple of quest.

1. Model?? Is it a german m-17 or what?? 2. Any repro parts selling for that on marked?? Miss liners and rest as you see, what kind of liner,
and those airvents/horns and rest of rivets. And finally, where the heck chinstripe should be?? Between shell and liner or what??
Antakee viinaa hanuristille !!!!!!!!!!
Franz repper

Re: Help wanted !!!

Post by Franz repper »

Here are some photos of mine came from the atic It was used in the Winter war by Vaari
ImageImageImageImageImage
pvt Surkia

Post by pvt Surkia »

Beauty, mine from Sa-kauppa you know, but little help cause no extra holes from forsaken depot, mine m-16 has extra holes and need some welding (and liner,rivets etc.), just wonder to make it "lookalike", those finnish depot chinstrap are really crappy.
jeep111

Post by jeep111 »

looks austrian to me
ho much was it may i ask
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

pvt Surkia wrote:Beauty, mine from Sa-kauppa you know, but little help cause no extra holes from forsaken depot, mine m-16 has extra holes and need some welding (and liner,rivets etc.), just wonder to make it "lookalike", those finnish depot chinstrap are really crappy.
Tommi the Unit speiss is good at working in these
ImageImageImageImageImage
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

I think it is M18 helmet,but where you are going to get replacement vent lugs from,I don't
know.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
pvt Surkia

Post by pvt Surkia »

http://www.pottia.net/pottia/index.htm

To Brigadefuhrer, yeah i know, problem is in finlad model naming is somehow/reason different as rest of the world, i really don´t know why.

Repper: I just put two 35-40 last summer to him in your stug trains, must negotiate those price in Tamarms, i´ve seen his mades and they are great.
pvt Surkia

Post by pvt Surkia »

jeep111 wrote:looks austrian to me
ho much was it may i ask
Sorry mate, that shell cost 20 €.
reddevil1311

Post by reddevil1311 »

The liner looks almost identical to the M/21 Swedish helmet. That may be a cheap and easy way to complete your helmet.

Ashley
"I am a white male aged 18 to 45, everyone listens to me no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

www.reenactor.se (FHF - Sweden)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org/
pvt Surkia

Post by pvt Surkia »

Possible, swedish a common here, i have a shell of cshez?? (Tsekki) and probably gotta use s swedish m-21 liner for that. main target is with that hunnshell to make lookalike original, chinstripe is most imprtant thing in it, you know, visible parts, i don`t worry about rivets or even vents, major problem is how to get vents on/kiinni that thing.

Mod attempt at translation:
Possible, Swedish are common here. I have a Czech shell and I probably have to use a Swedish M-21 liner for that. Main goal with that Hungarian shell (?) is to make it look like an original. The chinstrap is the post important thing in it, along with all the other visible parts. Don't worry about the rivets or even the vents, the main problem is how to get vents in it.
Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Hi,

Re getting air vents and/or fitting them, I'm not sure if this is of any use to you or not?

http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/reprodu ... onents.htm

"Item #110: M16-M18 Helmet air-vents: If you own an M16 or M18 that is missing one or both of these air-vents, then here is the long-awaited solution to your problem. These are specially machined to the exact specifications as originals. I had these made in two different sizes. Size A has the step-down ring to fit a size 64 helmet. Size B will fit either the 66 or 68 shell size. (the vent sizes are the same for both 66 and 68 shell sizes...see the FAQ page for explanation of the purpose of this step-down) These are sold in a set of two and are complete with the proper inside washer. Installation is simple. Stick the air-vent (small side first) through the hole in your vent-less helmet. Slip the washer over the stud on the inside of the helmet shell and peen it with a hammer. (Please specify helmet size when ordering) Price $25.00 per set."

Cheers,
Ade
jeep111

Post by jeep111 »

do you want to sell this shell mate, :D

Return to “Helmets and Helmet Restoration”