Original Heer decal !

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Re: Original Heer decal !

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Aprillia wrote:O.K i am a little stubernd and i wont original decal on original german helmet, so please yust instruct me how to do that in the proper way, i know it is possible since there is many original helmets with original decals post war aplied !

Oskar

Have you introduced yourself already like I asked you to? All you do here is post hardly comprehendable questions about "the best" gear, and yet you don't take advice when someone comes up with a good answer.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Well it looks like you are determined to not follow anyones advice here so all I have to say is good luck and you are on your own on this. I doubt you will find anyone that will give you directions on how to apply this decal to your helmet. Fakers browse these forums looking for tips on how to improve their fakes whether it be helmets, tunics, medals badges etc. If this upsets you well I'm sorry I can't in good concience direct you on how to apply this decal
Aprillia

Post by Aprillia »

Guys, please dont get me wrong, i have a few other original german helmets and i toth it woud nice to have one with 100% decal on the shelf and that is all to it !!! Since i dont wont to ruin the decal i post a question how to do it properly and belive me if there is 50 % that the decal will get ruind during the aplaing, i will not do it !!!

Abouth my questions where to get the best gear, i yust wont to get the best repos in the market if i intend to buy something for my plasure and i dont have any hiden agenda as mr. Sheikh suspect !

I am from Laibach where me and some of my god frends truying to start a 7 SS Prinz Evgen reneacting group and since we are all new to this hoby i am more than hapy to found this exelent forum, otherwise i am a german militaria colector with special interes in SS items !

When ouer SS group will be proper formed we intend to present ouerselfs here on this forum but until than i simply truy to learn as much as i can abouth reneacting !!!

I truly hope that there is nothing bad in that !?

Oskar Rožič
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

The last thing I have to say about all this is that a 100% original helmet with a 100% original reapplied decal on it instead of one that is original to the helmet but scratched off, will still be 100% fake. I'ts not an original helmet anymore. Think about that.
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Oh man, this is gonna end in f#@cking tears! :shock:

Just buy an original shell and paint it up and apply a repro decal! You WILL screw up the old decal- mark my words!
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Jugendkrieger

Post by Jugendkrieger »

Yes!, Take everyone's advice. Using an original decal to put on a helmet with a damaged decal, is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my entire life. Original decals are getting Harder and HARDER to find in their un-applied state and in many cases are worth more than helmets. It would be a SHAME to ruin such an awesome hard to find original artifact. Just applying the decal to the helmet ruins it. Leave it in its original state. I repeat! Leave it in its original state.

Marc
Chris Pittman

Post by Chris Pittman »

Original decals were made of organic materials that are subject to decay. If you look at an original decal that was applied before 1945, this process of decay is often quite visible as many small cracks (crazing) in the surface of the decal. An unused decal will still have decayed over time (even if it appears to be quite sound) and it will disintegrate if you try to apply it at this point. I have seen attempts to apply original decals to helmets and this is very obvious as the decal inevitably breaks up as it is being transfered to the helmet, it looks terrible. If you want a helmet with a decal, buy one, they are common. Please listen to the good advice you are getting.

Return to “Helmets and Helmet Restoration”