Helmet covers for M35 & M42

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

Hennig

Helmet covers for M35 & M42

Post by Hennig »

Hi i have both types of helmet but when i put the cover from the M35 onto the M42 it just don't look right , as in it seams to sit better on the 35 then the 42 .
Is there different types of covers for the different helmet types ? sorry i do mean the camo type covers .
Many thanks in advance :wink:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Steinmetz

Re: Helmet covers for M35 & M42

Post by Steinmetz »

Mine don't fit too pretty on my M42 either, Mike, but I put that down to the size 956 shell :)
SS-U.f.w. Steinmetz
SBG Mechanics Section - Keeping the Reich rolling since '33!
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Steinmetz wrote:Mine don't fit too pretty on my M42 either, Mike, but I put that down to the size 956 shell :)
Hi simon , the M42 shell is a 66 i don't know the size of the M35 as i got it as a cheap repro from SOF think the liner is a 59 ish as it it's ok but the shell does look smaller then the 42 and the liner won't fit in it either :?

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

there are basically 2 types one for ss one for heer. If you are looking for a cover to snug the helmet like the ones in the cross of iron it can be done means soaking and putting a rubber band around the helmet. I wouldn't worry how it looks on the helmet it's there for camo. If mis-shappened all the better it breaks up the outline of the helmet which is what you want.
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

pzrwest wrote:there are basically 2 types one for ss one for heer. If you are looking for a cover to snug the helmet like the ones in the cross of iron it can be done means soaking and putting a rubber band around the helmet. I wouldn't worry how it looks on the helmet it's there for camo. If mis-shappened all the better it breaks up the outline of the helmet which is what you want.
Yes that is true i suppose , your not to look like you are just about to walk down the catwalk lol , many thanks for you reply 8)

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
stefan

Post by stefan »

It could be the fact the rocker clips on SS covers were designed for M35 rolled edge rim helmets
and not the M42 raw edge if the cover is a little on the big side it will look worse on the M42 :?

Return to “Helmets and Helmet Restoration”