Mysterious German helmet...

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

sercalius

Mysterious German helmet...

Post by sercalius »

I need some help identifying this helmet that I inherited from a friend, who said it belonged to his Grandfather when he served in the ETO during WWII (he was in the US army, so I gather that this helmet was a souvenir). I'm not sure where exactly though. My friend had mentioned he may have served in North Africa at one point. I can't seem to find anything about this helmet.

This helmet is fairly beat up. It sat in my friend's attic for ages. Seems to be a dark brown/olive color. The decals on it are a swastika in a white circle on a red shield (which doesn't scratch off by hand). The other decal said "Tele" and "Ken" on it, can't tell what the other words are though. The liner and chinstrap are mostly gone. Made of leather with some wool. There are ventilation holes on the top. The helmet is not very heavy at all, nor is it very thick so I don't think it belonged to anyone that had a combat role. That's all I really know about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bhoy

Re: Mysterious German helmet...

Post by bhoy »

Hi, this is a WWII security guard / air raid / fire fighting helmet for the German electronics company 'Telefunken'.
Hope this helps...
Bob
sercalius

Re: Mysterious German helmet...

Post by sercalius »

Thank you for your help! That's very good to know.

Return to “Helmets and Helmet Restoration”