WW2 German Camoflage Nets

Moderator: Sheikh Al Stranghi

Franz repper

Re: WW2 German Camoflage Nets

Post by Franz repper »

fallschirmjaeger wrote: Your eyesight must be amazing! I can't see any hooks to compare, so again disagree with you! I'm not going to add any other comments its plainly obvious to all there is no intention to help on this thread, just to pick at things without the aim of helping!
If you follow the link that Erik posted and go to page two you will see the hooks , I am shure some one like you will be a member so you can see the photos .
I followed your link and seen the Hooks that you are using and the look to be thinner and longer
wehrmacht-awards
And yours
ImageImageImageImageImage
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Thank you my good friend! That is just what i was stating!
CDB taking it way too serious!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Can i ask peoples opinion on this helmet net, only am debating whether to buy it,
does it look like the type that was used by the German forces in WW2. :?:
Helmet Net pic1.jpg
Helmet Net pic1.jpg (18.34 KiB) Viewed 4282 times
Cheers Peiper :)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Read this
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14895&hilit=helmet+net
If you don't lose the will to live, you might get a feel of whether the one you illustrate is right or not.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Read this
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14895&hilit=helmet+net
If you don't lose the will to live, you might get a feel of whether the one you illustrate is right or not.
Cheers Hoff :)
Was looking for this thread i knew there was one on here somewhere?
As i say the pic i showed looks ok to me but im no expert, as said in the thread you mentioned you have to take in
the way the net is tied, the shape of the square holes and so on, so just thought i would ask the experts lol

Regards, Pipes
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Pipes,
No, its a West German net. Hooks of this type were not used. It appears that hemp type cord was used as opposed to the heavy cotton stuff used on these. The thread on nets is a pretty good lesson on what was used.

Mauser98
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

mauser98 wrote:Pipes,
No, its a West German net. Hooks of this type were not used. It appears that hemp type cord was used as opposed to the heavy cotton stuff used on these. The thread on nets is a pretty good lesson on what was used.

Mauser98
Cheers for the heads up Mauser !!!

Peiper :D

Return to “Helmets and Helmet Restoration”