Genuine or fake ?

Moderator: pzrwest

Peiper

Genuine or fake ?

Post by Peiper »

These silver warrants have been discussed before, cant find the thread now :?:

I know there are a shed load of repros about though lol, this one has been
re-discovered amongst my late fathers collection, thought it had been lost,
just wondered what the medal/badge experts thought of it ??
Polizei silver warrant pic1.jpg
Polizei silver warrant pic1.jpg (105.48 KiB) Viewed 9193 times
Polizei silver warrant pic2.jpg
Polizei silver warrant pic2.jpg (130.54 KiB) Viewed 9193 times
Cheers Peiper
Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: Genuine or fake ?

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

To me the numbers are not well enough struck or straight enough, according to all examples in third reich warrent discs by don bible from schiffer the hole is on the wrong side all examples shown have the hole to the right of the lettering. Also the feathering on the Eagles brest is not crisp enough and the gaps between the diamonds way to large.
Lastly im sure i have seen that number somewhere before on a disc mybe in the other thread
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Crazy Feldgendarme

Oh by the way there should be a line struck on the disc under the numbers which was used to get them level
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Cheers for that Feldgendarme, as i say i have never seen a genuine one lol,
but comparing to most repros ive seen they are usually made in a silver metal
also usually for Geheime Polizei rather than the Staatliche kriminalpolizei and the
detailing on this seems more crisp than most repros, also as you mentioned the number
i haven't seen any with this before?, as i say im not expert but am going by most repros
ive seen, if anyone has a pic of an original i would appreciate it, just to compare.

Regards Peiper
Crazy Feldgendarme

Have a look at these links they show origionals owned by Don Bible.

http://home.comcast.net/~donbible/coin3a.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~donbible/coin3b.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~donbible/gk10.html
http://home.comcast.net/~donbible/GK1R.HTML

According to Don the disc you have was only ever struck in bronze

GeFoPo
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Thanks Feldgendarme :)
Very much appreciated, what would you say this was made from then, brass :?:

The feathers of the eagle as you say are not as crisp as the rest of the detailing
on the disc, but examining it in my humble opinion looks like wear/handling rather
than anything else, also it looks like the hole has been worn too??

So in your opinion it looks like a fake then, would you say it was casted or made from
the original die ??

Still very intresting info, cheers for that, regards Pipes
Crazy Feldgendarme

Almost certain its a fake mate, look at the evidence the hole is on the wrong side of the lettering which according to Don NEVER varied also the hole was always slightly beveled , there is no line under the numbers which ALL had struck at the time of die striking also the numbers and letters are no where near as crisp as origionals.

The regulation just stated the disc was to be made from a yellow metal so in practice it should be bronze.

It would not have been struck on the origional die since as far as is known that is lost, could be cast but hard to tell from the picture. The fakes of this disc started appearing almost straight after 1945 though most of these were fairly obvious. In 1994 VERY good fakes started to appear and these are far superior in there strike than yours.

GeFoPo
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Cheers Feldgendarme :)
Thanks for the info, very intresting, ive posted the pics of the original which you
refferred to, apart from the hole and the missing line under the numbers they look
quite similar and made from similar metals, is it possible mine may be a variation or
late War example?? anyway appreciate the help.
Genuine silver warrant pic1..jpg
Genuine silver warrant pic1..jpg (74.9 KiB) Viewed 9140 times
Genuine silver warrant pic2.jpg
Genuine silver warrant pic2.jpg (104.92 KiB) Viewed 9140 times
Crazy Feldgendarme

No it isnt the hole was NEVER i repeat
NEVER
on the wrong side and the line under the numbers was also ALWAYS there i repeat ALWAYS there , this is an out and out fake.

GeFoPo
meyer

Post by meyer »

Fake as spray-on tan
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:No it isnt the hole was NEVER i repeat
NEVER
on the wrong side and the line under the numbers was also ALWAYS there i repeat ALWAYS there , this is an out and out fake.
Thanks for the info Feldgendarme, appreciated :wink:

Regards Peiper
Crazy Feldgendarme

No probs mate, sorry for you that it aint origional cos they are VERY rare and thus worth a fair bit.

GeFoPo
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:No probs mate, sorry for you that it aint origional cos they are VERY rare and thus worth a fair bit.
Yes shame that Feldgendarme, although i had a feeling it would be a copy, it was too good to be true lol,

Tbh it was purchased over 30yrs ago at an auction along with some other odds and ends, not by me but
my Dad, he was after another item and this and a few items were with it, anyway at the time we didn't know what
it was as there were very few books on the subject and no internet at the time but we eventually found out what it
was meant to be a few months later after research/translation etc, this is going back to the early 80's

Putting it on here i just wanted to satisfy myself that it was what i thought, basically a copy lol, anyway thanks
for the help Feldgendarme, appreciated :wink:

Regards Peiper

Return to “Medals and Awards”