Pet hates?

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
ssparatrooper

Re: Pet hates?

Post by ssparatrooper »

and the funnier thing is im ex 3para :lol:

i did not take it the wrong way i just felt it was time to say in a roundabout way

that there are many "grey men" about that are not massive on these forums but do look

and i cringe at some of the information being passed about because its wrong

for kit advise i go to proper anal pests like "ravey davie" in the sbg (for WSS)

i have researched the tactics from reibert and other original sources and had them confirmed by Waffen ss veterans in conversations (and we have done the drills with them watching)

Fred Wacker a totenkopf and RF SS veteran taught the SBG drill and was an active member of the group for a long time, Manfred thorn was in Kampfgruppe Pieper in the ardennes and he visits us, Gert Krasssner and John priess are welcome regular guests and i am sure many on here have seen them

so my advice to "newer" reenactors is simple, play the gray man learn from the "old hares" and dont be an expert too soon because the information you pass on might not be right and people will look at you as if you are a cock

fit in work hard and you will love it

so in the words of John Priess after a few weeks in the LAH when the blokes hid his boots every day when they sent him to get coffie the nco said "we hide your boots every day and you dont bite so we wont do it anymore" so John replied "ok you stop doing that and i will stop pissing in your coffie every morning" :wink:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

John Priess said via ssparatrooper
so in the words of John Priess after a few weeks in the LAH when the blokes hid his boots every day when they sent him to get coffie the nco said "we hide your boots every day and you dont bite so we wont do it anymore" so John replied "ok you stop doing that and i will stop pissing in your coffie every morning" :wink:
LOL
ImageImageImageImageImage
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Gruss gott SS-Paratrooper :D

So waren sie in drei Fallschirmjager ?
Ich war ein Infanterist selbst :lol: :lol:

Seriously though no probs, infact from your posts you know more than me anyway :?
I know nothing about German tatics, stuff like that, i started reenacting because
i collected militaria and decided to take it one step further, i am only just starting to
look into the history of it all :roll:
As for the pics outside the house, ive put some other up aswell of events :lol:

Regards Peiper :wink:
Last edited by Peiper on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

as i said before i am without problems :wink:
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

Lets get this back on topic now please...

Your pet hates and explanations.

Dave
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Russian motorbikes with MG42s on them

un oiled leather
mario33

Post by mario33 »

ssparatrooper wrote:Russian motorbikes with MG42s on them
This one is disputable to me, especially if the owner converted the machine a bit... Original BMWs are expensive and Russian bikes make good replacement. Sure there that big 'IF' the front suspension have been converted etc...
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

I was told that mg 42 was never fitted on a combo because it shook them to bits, dont know if thats correct or not.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
paul das reich

Post by paul das reich »

this is nt a pet hate but an observation,i cant understand why some folk feel the need to have big shiny erkennungsmarke on the outside of there uniform or even worse dangling on the outside of any camo gear,although nice for a sniper to get a bead on,its not nice to see unless its the Mr T reenactment society :lol:
also not enough field craft/tactical knowledge around?
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:I was told that mg 42 was never fitted on a combo because it shook them to bits, dont know if thats correct or not.

This is worth a look!
http://www.motorcycle.com/events/bikes- ... 66581.html

MG34

Last edited by FMROMMEL on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

a russian bike well converted (or a chain jang chinese one) will look 95% there but by the time you have done that you will have spent close to real bike money

i was lucky with my r12 it cost £4500 complete but in pieces (all from the same bike) they are problem children but the money you spend over time will come back if you sell it

we have a converted chaing jang in the group and it is good enough and more reliable than alot of the real ones, its just the unconverted painted tan ones i dislike, it will never look like an r75 but it might look like an r71/51 if done right

the mount for the 34 on the side car is a mega complicated useless thing (i have never fired one live from this mount im sure it works in a limited way)

i would have thought the reason they did not mount 42s on krads is because "Kradschuetzen" units with krads were pretty much faised out by then and replaced with kubels or schwimmers and then eventually replaced by SPVs
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Hmm that sounds more logical mate thanks for that.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
mario33

Post by mario33 »

Good point. Good to learn from someone who knows... :wink:
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

i have an electronic manual i have done for our Krad/Auflkaerung abteilung if you are interested i can pass this on to you pm me with your email address
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

1.wearing modern eyeglasse's
2.bickering and infighting among groups.
As one of the founding members of the SBG,I have always believed in getting the best kit available,"almost the same"is not good enough.
I wear my "fancey" officers uniform for early morning parades and the unit dinner.
Over the years the group has awarded me bits of "bling" have I deserved it ? no not realy.
When I was younger,I did drill as a grenadier and was singled out by Sturmschar Wacker and I survived it.
A good officer takes advice from his n.c.o's and the back bone of the SBG is its nco's,kit-kat is one of them(a drooling,Knuckle dragging pervert of whom I have the honour of knowing :D .)
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”