Pet hates?

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
ssparatrooper

Re: Pet hates?

Post by ssparatrooper »

aww shucks :oops:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:1.wearing modern eyeglasse's
2.bickering and infighting among groups.
As one of the founding members of the SBG,I have always believed in getting the best kit available,"almost the same"is not good enough.
I wear my "fancey" officers uniform for early morning parades and the unit dinner.
Over the years the group has awarded me bits of "bling" have I deserved it ? no not realy.
When I was younger,I did drill as a grenadier and was singled out by Sturmschar Wacker and I survived it.
A good officer takes advice from his n.c.o's and the back bone of the SBG is its nco's,kit-kat is one of them(a drooling,Knuckle dragging pervert of whom I have the honour of knowing :D .)
Yes good sir you hit the nail on the head with that post oh yes and thats Mr kitkat down to a tee
ImageImageImageImageImage
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

brigadefuehrer i have have now got back into my cage :lol:

let me back out when i have behaved :lol:
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:1.wearing modern eyeglasse's
2.bickering and infighting among groups.
As one of the founding members of the SBG,I have always believed in getting the best kit available,"almost the same"is not good enough.
I wear my "fancey" officers uniform for early morning parades and the unit dinner.
Over the years the group has awarded me bits of "bling" have I deserved it ? no not realy.
When I was younger,I did drill as a grenadier and was singled out by Sturmschar Wacker and I survived it.
A good officer takes advice from his n.c.o's and the back bone of the SBG is its nco's,kit-kat is one of them(a drooling,Knuckle dragging pervert of whom I have the honour of knowing :D .)
Well said that man oops sorry Sir :wink: , i have not been in this game as long as some on here , and when i joined the SBG i was and am supprised at the amount on knowlege that our Mr KK has , his understanding of the WW-SS ways of tactics are second to none , ok he sometimes comes across as a blunt guy but hey we all have our ways , thats what makes the group interesting :wink: :lol: and before anyone says it , no i am not trying to lick anyones arse :o :roll: just saying as it is now back on topic lol .

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

dont worry i will repay the compliment by making you run round the group :lol:

for being a kiss arse :lol:
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

ssparatrooper wrote:dont worry i will repay the compliment by making you run round the group :lol:

for being a kiss arse :lol:

Why thanks for keeping my fitness in mind :lol: , Spindler seams to be saying the same thing :? must not like the FG section then :lol: 8)

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

ssparatrooper wrote:
running most of the training in the second battle group on tactics and weapons

oh and have your german speaking head on!

i have been taught alot in 9 years with the SBG
I didn't know the SBG was capable of anything but shouting and riding around in vehicles while being pretty?
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

here we go again
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

in fact im not going to bother

i think i have covered everything allready
Krupp

Post by Krupp »

1) Guys who spend and/or think about alcohol at events more than their impression or material to better their impression. (Have one in my unit) :x .

2) The constant reenactor trying to get cheap gear by buying boots and other "Kind of looks like German gear" from WalMart. :roll:
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

people who come to forums and ask every single question you can think of without reading through the main threads regarding there subject.

or asking a question like ' where can i get a decent so and so' someone gives them the awnser and they go ' abit expensive, ill have to find something cheaper'
Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:
ssparatrooper wrote:

I didn't know the SBG was capable of anything but shouting and riding around in vehicles while being pretty?
Boy have you got a death wish... no one f#cks with the Kit Kat or the Gruppe!!!! : :wink:

Pet hate 1. (and this is coming from an ex-RE)... re-enactors patrolling as if they are/were in Ireland/Iraq/Afghanistan... it looks bloody awful
Pet hate 2.. Having an entire Kompanie empty their mags into an enemy and he gets up and walks away humming the tune of Band of Brothers (you know where I am coming from). :twisted:
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
reddevil1311

Post by reddevil1311 »

Krupp wrote:trying to get cheap gear by buying boots and other "Kind of looks like German gear" from WalMart. :roll:
Ahhh Walmart..... :lol:

My pet hates echo many of the others, in particular;

1)"modern" patrolling - it's not difficult, just watch original footage.

2)Haircuts. One thing that I was very impressed with in the Valkyrie film was the authentic 1940s haircuts (no speilberg saving private ryan skinheads there!). A haircut can really make or break a look. Brylcream is easy to get, and for the more dedicated of you out these so is hair grease.

Ashley
"I am a white male aged 18 to 45, everyone listens to me no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

www.reenactor.se (FHF - Sweden)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org/
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:
ssparatrooper wrote:

Sheikh I would think again what your saying about SBG they are way out front of many groups what you see at war and Peace is a small part of what they do !
They are not a "Screw history, it's all about the gear!" unit they have veterans tell them what and what not to do
ImageImageImageImageImage
mario33

Post by mario33 »

Dear forum users, may I pls ask to keep to the topic of this interesting discussion and refrain from personal/national poignancies ? Otherwise I would have to clean it...

Discussion about standards of a particular group does not belong to this particular topic.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”