Army drivers badge

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
tutburytim

Army drivers badge

Post by tutburytim »

Can I pick one of the experts on here brains? The Army drivers badge. Was it restricted to Transport troops or could other branches wear it, ie a driver in the Infantry/Signals et al ? Secondly, was it an award as opposed to a trade badge which were normaly in cloth? If so what was the criteria to getting it ? Dose'nt seem much info out there that I can find so hope someone here can help.
cheers Tim
Hoffman Grink

Your question answered.

Post by Hoffman Grink »

tutburytim

Post by tutburytim »

Flipping heck! Thats answered my question! Fantastic site, going to have to spend some time on there me thinks. Thanks Paul (again)
Tim
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Bear in mind - if you're going to re-enact - You can't just bang a badge on to "look good" - You'll need to have a vehicle to run and maintain in order to "qualify". Our Schwimmer and Kubel owners qualify..... I just drive the track so I don't....... Although I may just apply for a gold one...Hmmmmmmmm
DerSpiess

Post by DerSpiess »

NO :shock: :lol:
Pete Smith
tutburytim

Post by tutburytim »

No worries, my uniform is going to be strictly as issued. The only extra marking/badge will be if a sparrow bombs me! Just researching. Der Spiess, give him the badge, its Xmas and he's been very helpfull to me so gets my vote !
Tim
tutburytim

Post by tutburytim »

Quote= 'More tin than chuffin Cornwall'... :lol: Classic line! Oh well I tried but seems your the original Tin Man by the sound of your kamerads !

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”