Repro MG42 Gunners pouch advice

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
littletankman

Repro MG42 Gunners pouch advice

Post by littletankman »

Hi Im looking at repro MG42 gunners pouches for a late war impession. Who is the best suplier of these preferably in the UK .Im guessing a prestof type one I have seen tan looking ones these seem nice but happy with black .I will also need the barrel changing pad.

Any ideas of prices for an original :-/

thanks Andy
Brigardefuhrer

Re: Repro MG42 Gunners pouch advice

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Richard A Underwood doe's two versions of the MG pouch,one in black leather and black with tan to simulate late war £29.50+pp each.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

barrel changing pads are asbestos based, you need to search google de for them. not aware of anyone selling them in the uk thou.
graham
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Thanks all still looking .
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

I've used up a "gucci" cardboard repro presstoff pouch. Now I use a sturm version that I've spray painted yellow ( taping off all the leather straps and metal parts! ). And I must say, it's a good look.

If you want to invest in a gucci, but wearable and durable pouch get a yellow Presstoff pouch from At the Front.
Brigardefuhrer wrote:Richard A Underwood doe's two versions of the MG pouch,one in black leather and black with tan to simulate late war £29.50+pp each.John
I have never seen a original late war, brown MG pouch. Ever. ( let alone a mixed version )

pepperpot wrote:barrel changing pads are asbestos based, you need to search google de for them. not aware of anyone selling them in the uk thou.
graham
After thorough research going through several hundred(if not thousand) photo's of MG Schutzen, so far I've only found one picture of the barrel changing pad being worn on the pouch. If you don't have a spare barrel it's a useless item. I keep mine wrapped around a barrel in my laufschutzer.

Oh, and if you want to see how a original pouch looks, here are 2 of mine for comparison:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2479_o.jpg
CDB taking it way too serious!
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Thanks mate couldlnt access their website .Will try again.

thanks Andy
kiler

Post by kiler »

erikbozwo2 wrote:After thorough research going through several hundred(if not thousand) photo's of MG Schutzen, so far I've only found one picture of the barrel changing pad being worn on the pouch. If you don't have a spare barrel it's a useless item. I keep mine wrapped around a barrel in my laufschutzer.
You mean this one from Anzio:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5265/5597 ... f4ed_z.jpg

or there is other one?

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”