k98

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: k98

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

No! Not mosin Nagants??? You can buy a working one for €60 in the Czech republic! €80 for war dated ones! I should just buy a whole bunch and open an armoury in the states or in the UK even...
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

ive sorted my gun problem , im going to move next door to Oberleutnant Ulrich :lol: :lol: . instead of borrowing a cup of sugar i'll borrow his guns :D
Halle

Post by Halle »

You won't be disappointed - he's got plenty :wink:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
LHistorian

Post by LHistorian »

Mosin's are one of the easiest to find out here in Cali, on a good day you can find one with ammo pouches, cleaning kit and on occasion a nice bayonet to boot for only around $100~$130, sometimes even around $80!

course, that's here in the states. you guys got any BIG 5 sporting goods stores across the pond? :lol:
die Wille Gottes wird nie nehmen Sie, wo die Gnade Gottes wird Sie nicht schützen.
~~~~~~
Put a German soldier into a box. Close it as tight as you can.

Write on it´s top the warning: " DO NOT OPEN! ONLY IN CASE OF WAR!"
Oberleutnant Ulrich

No, but we have bunkers...WWII bunkers :p
Arthur

LHistorian

Post by LHistorian »

LOL now THAT would be my happy hunting grounds! just go in one with a load of sticky notes and a marker and write "THIS IS MINE!" on the notes and just plaster them everywhere! :lol: :lol:
die Wille Gottes wird nie nehmen Sie, wo die Gnade Gottes wird Sie nicht schützen.
~~~~~~

Oberleutnant Ulrich

Nah....assemble the men with plenty of supplies, assault it, then hold it against all police retaliation.

...sorry...got an itchy neck... ;)
Arthur

LHistorian

Post by LHistorian »

eh, ya would work, but would generate too much publicity....

what we really would need to do is hire an international spy ring of assassination monkeys!

just think, no one would expect it and they work for peanuts! it's perfect! although might have to order a few U-Boats for transportation purposes... Hows the raising of the U-778 coming? surely won't take much to get her sea worthy again yes? 68 years of being completely submerged should buff right out ;D

and once they have smuggled all the goods out, we set up a base in the Bahamas, create a bunker there to hide everything! BAM! we have it made. Sheer brilliance I tell you!

alright Herr Ulrich, I offer a foolproof plan. When do we start? :D :lol:
~~~~~~

Gummipuppe

Post by Gummipuppe »

LHistorian wrote:
Haha having as much luck here in the States of trying to find a decent K98 as well as a decent price for it as well!
I haven't been having much luck finding one either. Since Obama became the greatest gun salesman in US history, it's become next to impossible to find a decent K98k at a good price (<$400). I would settle for a Russian capture with mis-matched serial numbers, as long as it isn't beat to snot, and it's a fairly accurate shooter.

Over the past couple of months, I've been to gun shows and gun shops in my area and all I found was one rifle that was sadly sporterized. I was recently tipped off about a guy who's selling a bunch of them "at a good price." When I called, the "good price" was about $100 more than I expected to pay. He didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about what he had, he didn't have any photos, and his descriptions were rather vague. Needless to say, I wasn't too comfortable about shelling out hundreds of dollars for a rifle sight unseen.
berlin1945 wrote:.... a Yugo is fine as well as I have owned these . they are 7.62 mainly in calibre , nice to fire and normally quite wel ...
I have a Yugo M48A which was manufactured by the Serbs using captured German tooling in the early 1950s. It's chambered in 8mm Mauser. I believe all Yugo Mausers were chambered in 8mm Mauser, including the M24 and M48 series. Anyway, my M48A looks almost like a K98k except it doesn't have the firing pin escutcheon in the stock and it has a little more wood on top of the barrel. For this reason, my unit won't allow me to use it. So, the search continues.

Everyone recommends that I look on Gunbroker.com, but personally, I like to look at a rifle and examine it before I buy. I don't want to get stuck with a piece of junk.
LHistorian wrote:
Mosin's are one of the easiest to find out here in Cali, on a good day you can find one with ammo pouches, cleaning kit and on occasion a nice bayonet to boot for only around $100~$130, sometimes even around $80!
I have two WWII-manufacture Mosin Nagants that I bought several years ago at a local department store for $89, including the bayonet, sling, cleaning kit, and ammo pouches. Since Obama and other Democrats started causing panic among gun owners in the last 14 months, the supply of Mosin Nagants has evaporated. Now, when they are available, they are well over $175. The cheapest I've seen are some postwar Chinese T53 Mosin-Nagant carbines that are very raggedy looking. They now sell for $129.
SS - Panzergrenadier Philipp Keinezähne
12. SS Panzer Division HitlerJugen Midwest
www.12sspanzermw.com/
8MM

Post by 8MM »

Move to the States. Our gun shows are 1/3 WW2 paraphernalia, 1/3 surplus Cold War and 1/3 US surplus.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”