k98

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
jackjones1

k98

Post by jackjones1 »

Hi I know this subject has been posted more times than enough but im really stuck. Im beginning to think theres more chance of me catching Santa coming down my chimney!! All I want is a live firing K98 ive been hunting everywhere for one. I contacted Ryton Arms a year and a half ago and left my contact details incase one came up and have contacted other arms dealers and still nothing yet. Henry Krank has Yugoslav Mauser K98 with a straight bolt. Is this acceptable? Or can anyone on the forum help me as I am in Northern Ireland fac has to be applied for with the serial number of the gun which I am wanting to buy which causes a slight delay. Any help would be most appreciated.
Halle

Re: k98

Post by Halle »

C & G Antique firearms ? The link is in here , in the wanted section , they seem to have a few - but nothing less than £600 , which is about right .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

and going up all the time, as said in another thread, in Ciney Belgium in march they were going for 1000 Euros. so £600.00 is a good price.
have you spoken to/with any of the section 5 guys?
john oxlaide
garry howard
hamish ?
and may be Steve vickers although his main interest is Vietnam

graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

forgot to mention
the abundance of weapons available up to a couple of years ago was made possible by the Russians opening up the Dry Salt Mines and extracting all the armoury they stored there from WW2. This supply has now 'dried up' so the only way to get anything is from the european military fairs. Apart from Ciney (twice a year) there is a similar fair in Deutschland also twice a year.
graham
dixiedrummer

Post by dixiedrummer »

Move to the states! :D Good luck with your search!
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

Thanks for the quick replies I looked before at C & G I thought £600 was a bit much. The £600 he's asking - I would have to add another £150 for the gun cabinet - £75 for the gun licence and another £80 to get it shipped plus another couple of bits and pieces would take it over my budget. In this current climate im a bit stuck for cash. I see he sells Yugoslavian K98 for £395 would it be acceptable.

Many Thanks
Halle

Post by Halle »

The £300 for the FAC1 and the gun cabinet are something you HAVE to have . As has been said , £600 for a k98 is about the going rate - a Yugo copy , I would say , is perfectly acceptable - if you want , simply remove the excess wood on the barrel , and you're pretty much there . I have one from Henry Krank - as a piece of work , of engineering , and of history , they're fantastic for the money - remember , it's a live fire .
On the other hand , I'm not that fussy about weapons , I prefer the mountaineering :wink:

Ultimately , it's up to you - if your group is happy with it , if you're happy with it - ultimately , it's NOT an original German piece - if you want one of those , unless you're very lucky , you need to pay the cash .
LHistorian

Post by LHistorian »

Haha having as much luck here in the States of trying to find a decent K98 as well as a decent price for it as well! don't suppose anyone here has a possible lead for one in California? 8)

Wish ya the best jackjones1, hope ya find one!
die Wille Gottes wird nie nehmen Sie, wo die Gnade Gottes wird Sie nicht schützen.
~~~~~~
Put a German soldier into a box. Close it as tight as you can.

Write on it´s top the warning: " DO NOT OPEN! ONLY IN CASE OF WAR!"
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

i saw recently on discovery or history channel, when the germans surrendered to the yanks there was a big pile of K98's wonder what happened to them?
graham
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

go on the www.wwii re enacting .co .uk forum they have them from time to time for sale , a Yugo is fine as well as I have owned these . they are 7.62 mainly in calibre , nice to fire and normally quite wel , if you at bangor ill introduce you to neil he makes gun cabinets and may have a sare one sitting about for a decent price
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

Thanks for all the replies boys . I've fired the 7.6 its like bubble wrap going off lol , the bigger the bang the more fun I have . :D thanks once again for taking the time to read my post and replying

Regards
Halle

Post by Halle »

Mines a 7.92 - goes off like a cannon :o
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Stabsfeldwebel Halle, yours is one loud thing!

I still have to shake my head at the prices for these rifles in the UK and the States, in Germany you can get them at gun stores for €10 to €250 live fire and in decent condition, the really nice ones go for around €500. You can get a scoped one for about €800!
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Oberleutnant Ulrich wrote:Stabsfeldwebel Halle, yours is one loud thing!

I still have to shake my head at the prices for these rifles in the UK and the States, in Germany you can get them at gun stores for €10 to €250 live fire and in decent condition, the really nice ones go for around €500. You can get a scoped one for about €800!
At Newark recently a deact K98 with a scope £1600!!

Herr leutnant i recon I will be visiting you next year so you can point me towards these elusive affordable K98's
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

war dated Nagants are going for the same price, i have both deac and live K98's and Nagant sniper rifles.
graham

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”