Swedish tunic conversion

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Firestreak

Swedish tunic conversion

Post by Firestreak »

Does anybody know the correct `Dylon` colour dye for bringing a Swedish tunic conversion to the correct `feldgrau` colour? Ive done this conversion before but the guy wants the `greenier` look to the material. Any help is appreciated.
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: Swedish tunic conversion

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

People still do this? Sorry I don't know, but I think most would rather buy a poor copy that looks more or less correct instead of taking the time to dye and convert a Swedish tunic which can be noted on the spot.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

The old Dylon shade was "Jade" but has long been discontinued from the range.I think the nearest to it was "Jungle green",but not certain.As said there are so many repro's on the market now it seems a bit pointless now to convert Swedish tunics.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Firestreak

Post by Firestreak »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:The old Dylon shade was "Jade" but has long been discontinued from the range.I think the nearest to it was "Jungle green",but not certain.As said there are so many repro's on the market now it seems a bit pointless now to convert Swedish tunics.John

This was my comment to the guy who owns it! He saw one of my old conversions I did a few years back and wants one like it, if hes happy to wear it and pay me, who am I to argue ? I just hope he doesnt wear to a reenactment or wartime themed event ha ha. Many thanks for the replies guys.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”