Opinions please...the more the better..

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: Opinions please...the more the better..

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

RZM wrote:Sounds like fun for sure. Ill stick with the coffee lol..in ny internet explorations i found http://www.reprorations.com
Im most deffinately getting some of these items. Isernportion items and a few extras like erbwerst,and coffee items...some hartkeks ect .. pretty cool site. Although,as far as authenticity,i dont know..most rations didnt have labels from what i understand. It was rare at least. So a full pack of labeled canned goods i imagine would look off?

Not true with the labels, it was very common for the labels to be on at least until mid war. The only problem is at the front they came of easily, being made of paper after all. I keep labels on just about all my stuff.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
RZM

Post by RZM »

Oberleutnant Ulrich wrote:
RZM wrote:Sounds like fun for sure. Ill stick with the coffee lol..in ny internet explorations i found http://www.reprorations.com
Im most deffinately getting some of these items. Isernportion items and a few extras like erbwerst,and coffee items...some hartkeks ect .. pretty cool site. Although,as far as authenticity,i dont know..most rations didnt have labels from what i understand. It was rare at least. So a full pack of labeled canned goods i imagine would look off?

Not true with the labels, it was very common for the labels to be on at least until mid war. The only problem is at the front they came of easily, being made of paper after all. I keep labels on just about all my stuff.
Awesome,thats great news...i thought they looked pretty sharp on that website..and the prices arent too rediculous..like the erbswerst,is cheap..a few sticks of that and you got tons of split pea soup..ill probably order enough for two events...have some on hand,and a bit extra..things are starting to come together now. I found 3 original era,german PX lighters. Ordered the last three he had. All brass. Looks like a brass tube. Cover slides off to reveal the striking wheel and wick. The bottom slides off and is filled with cotton and is where the fluid goes. Ive only ever seen repro WWI trench lighters for sale. When i found these i snapped them up. I smoke so one im goi.g to always carry. The other two are spares. They are quite sharp looking. Will totally add to the impression..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Oberleutnant Ulrich

You can also reuse the labels or make copies ;)
Arthur

RZM

Post by RZM »

Im hoping they dont really glue them on to all hell to prevent people from reusing them..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Can't you just buy labels from them and glue them onto your own cans? Ask if you can do that.
Arthur

RZM

Post by RZM »

Oberleutnant Ulrich wrote:Can't you just buy labels from them and glue them onto your own cans? Ask if you can do that.
I hadnt thought of that. Where as they are selling actual canned goods ect,im figuring that they are looking to make a profit,but it certainly cant hurt to ask..
"Was ist das?"
Oberleutnant Ulrich

The label costs them nothing...why pay $5 for a $0.99 can of beans...I'd ask ;)
Arthur

RZM

Post by RZM »

I will for sure. Some items,like the erbswurst,and hartkeks,i dont mind buying..wouldnt even know where to get those here..Ill deff. Do some srarches,and shop around a bit..
"Was ist das?"
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

There is some food labels you can download from this site (at the beginning)
just print some out ;-)
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
RZM

Post by RZM »

Sweeeeeeet! Heheh...good stuff man. Thank you.
"Was ist das?"

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”