RZM label/stamp question..

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
RZM

RZM label/stamp question..

Post by RZM »

Were RZM stamps and or labels only on items produced in Germany/by german manufacturers,or were they also put on items made by foreign manufacturers for the Reich?
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Brigardefuhrer

Re: RZM label/stamp question..

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

RZM markings and stamps are only found on NSDAP or related equipment eg;SS,HJ, SA,NSKK ect;.These were made in germany and after 1938 in Austria.Pre war military items were marked with the manufacturers name,later they are marked with three letter codes eg;CXN and RB Nr,these can be found on equipment made outside the Reich.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
RZM

Post by RZM »

O.k awesome John,thank you.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

However some items, such as Zelts that were produced in Switzerland for the Germans were still stamped with German markings, by the Swiss!
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
RZM

Post by RZM »

Ok cool,thank you...thats what i was wondering..like,i have a splinter camo Fallshirmjager K98 bandolier(repro) which has an RB Nr..so i assume this would have been made by a foreign nation for the Riech..(I also assume it would not be for the SS being in splinter pattern would this be correct?)
Or like the tornister for instance,the plan would be to add an RZM logo,stamp or tag inplace of the swiss one for reenacting purposes..
If anyone has pics of how the tournister was stamped or tagged by the RZM id appreciate it..
"Was ist das?"
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Here is a couple of pics from SS Uniforms,insignia & accoutrements.By A Hayes.This is really found on prewar SSVT ect;.RB Nr is found on german made goods not just on those made in the occupied countrys,these are late war 1944.Only SS paras were issued with Luftwaffe kit.Here is my original Waffen SS RODO belt buckle and late war belt,the belt is marked with RB nr and the holes are punched directly through the leather (no tongue to save leather)
A33 001 (640x480).jpg
A33 001 (640x480).jpg (181.81 KiB) Viewed 5117 times
A33 002 (480x640).jpg
A33 002 (480x640).jpg (122.34 KiB) Viewed 5117 times
rodo buckle 004.jpg
rodo buckle 004.jpg (228.45 KiB) Viewed 5117 times
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
RZM

Post by RZM »

Awesome,thank you Brigardefuhrer..thats what i needed to see. I know a place to get those same 2 size RZM tags..as for the stamp in the leather..i know of another place that does custom stamping tools to your exact specifications. The custom stamps are a tad expensive,but would be worth having for correctly marking repros.
"Was ist das?"
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Once you get one then it's a finished expense meaning it'll last you for the remainder of the hobby and it's worth it when you look at all those jealous faces 8)
Arthur

RZM

Post by RZM »

:) Im pretty excited about collecting this stuff. My grandfather got me onto the subject of WWII when i was a young kid. At that time i didnt know about reenacting. I wasnt aware of it until i hit my 20's and up until recently just a pipe dream for me. Im pretty sure my granfather would be uptight that im playing for the team he fought against..but in the intrest of history,and preserving it,both sides need to be represented. Im aiming to do that as accurate as possible. (which is why i tried to modify those austrian Y straps,i knew they were incorrect and wanted to correct it) If i do it all correct,it will be worth the effort. I just got two stamp sheets for soldbuchs ans wehrpass documents. (83 stamps,all taken from originals) Ill be able to use those for all manner of paperwork..one day i hope to generate enough intrest to form a unit. Ill have everything available to help the other guys put together an accurate impression. I dont look forward to mounting 83 stamps to blocks however lol...to mount them to handles would cost a fortune.
"Was ist das?"
Oberleutnant Ulrich

I would suggest taking the time and spending the money to mount them on wooden stamps. Then you can take them along and act the Stabsfeldwebel if you want. Looks a million times better. You can sometime find lots of 50 various old wooden handles for cheap on eBay...
Arthur

RZM

Post by RZM »

I had thought of maybey being a soldbucher..if i can find the handles cheap enough ill do just that...id love one of those portable feild desks..
"Was ist das?"

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”