Austrian Y strap modification

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
RZM

Re: Austrian Y strap modification

Post by RZM »

Wow...very nice..they are certainly more expensive..but their stuff looks fantastic...sigh......looks like im saving pesos longer than i figured lol..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
SchutzeHagemann

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

RZM wrote:O.k. fair enough. Just figured i could hold off temporarily so i could focus on the uniform financially first..trying to outfit my self with Jenke. Theres a guy with a jenke tunic near me,i have an original Reich service flag,but fairly mothed,hes willing to trade. I doubt the flag is worth more than $300 usd.
Janke tunics aren't really the best. You'd probably look more authentic getting a Sturm and having it tailored. I myself bought a Texled tunic from At The Front. Truly the closest to an original... well, except for an original of course. ;)
Kampfgruppe Steiner
RZM

Post by RZM »

Interesting..the janke one the guy wanted to trade was used. And he wanted $300 and it was heer,not SS...( 3holes rather than 2) so i passed on it. I can get a brand new tunic and exactly what i want for $300.
The texled stuff is good looking...i may go that route..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Firestreak

Post by Firestreak »

Hi, Ive got a set of '58 Austrian 'Y' straps which I use for my reenacting. As mentioned earlier there is a few minor differences. The main ones lie with the shoulder pads and 'wire' connecting piece which join the 3 straps together. I removed this and replaced it with a steel ring,removed the pads and it now looks quite convincing. Ive noticed mine has a narrow 'leather tang' on the back belt clip unlike the usual wider Austrian part, maybe that was on the later straps. Theyre ok if youre just starting out and on a limited budget, but replace asap.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”