Zelt poles

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Jock

Zelt poles

Post by Jock »

Is ther a difference in length between German Zelt poles and the Swiss ones?.

Jock.
pzrwest

differences

Post by pzrwest »

there are many differences not just length. Swiss poles are much longer also they are straight not tapered. The end fittings are totally different. Swiss are aluminum and german are steel. Here are some pics of the different zelt poles i have found online.polesa shows different ones. polesb shows swiss poles
Jock

Post by Jock »

Thanks for that.

Jock.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Oooh! That's my picture,[wish the front lawn looked that good now] nice to see it's still of use to the landser.
2 'French' and 2 'Scandinvian' together are within 1cm of 4 German. Thats 1cm longer which is not always a bad thing as it keeps the tent taught esp. when you go for an 8 zelt biggie.
One thing I've not come across, what did the Italians use to keep their shelters up? Was there an issued pole/poles? The swiss poles should be close? Can anyone shed some light?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I have 2 of the 'Rubbish' poles that are marked with SS runes in a circle but I'm pretty sure they are post war eastern block [East Germany?]. You cant trust anyone nowadays. I was young and naive and deeply in love with zelts, as I still am. Though I hate to say it the soviet Plash is pehaps a superior bit of kit, larger, so heavier but offers better protection from the elements. The hood is a big plus over a zelt, sit down in a plash and you are in your own little tent. Not as versitile for building tents but as a bit of personal kit...hard to fault.
Last edited by Stigroadie on Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

True, to a degree. They pay for my fetish.
pzrwest

apologies

Post by pzrwest »

I'd like to give Stigroadie the credit for the pic I got from http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/v ... bahn+poles and the second pic is from Landser's website. I know I should have did this when I posted the pics and I do formally apologize to Stigroadie for not giving him the credit for the pic
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Stop it! It was posted to be of help, reposting only spreads the info. You contribute so much there is no apology needed though your jesture is kind and thoughtfull.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”