Medal Info Needed

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Jim

Medal Info Needed

Post by Jim »

I know one of them is the Anschluss Medal but can anyone help with info on the other two.
They were given to me from my late grandfather who got them from a friend he made while stationed in Germany after the war.[/img]
352nd

Post by 352nd »

the one of the left is the blood order medal awarded to all those that took part in the munich march in november 1923. That's fairly rare as there wasn't many issued. The one in the middle i assume is some form of HJ award but i don't know what and the one on the right i have no idea what is. hope that helps.
Stabsgefreiter Martin Hetch-2nd Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung, Grossdeutschland.

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

That's not the Blutorden - The Blutorden has an eagle on one side facing right with its wings curled and the Feldherrenhalle on the other....
The ribbon is very similar but again the Blutorden has a black edge a white stripe and a red inner.... This has a white black white outer.....

What you are in fact looking at is one of the "Flower Wars Medals" - and is as Jim Rightly says - the Anschluss Medal of 13 March 1938.
Last edited by Hoffman Grink on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
352nd

Post by 352nd »

your right PD my mistake. It's one of the flower wars ones, invation of Austria i believe, the ribbon made me think it was the blood order but i see now the design is one of the flower wars medals.
Stabsgefreiter Martin Hetch-2nd Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung, Grossdeutschland.

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The middle one is a HJ Tinnie - Fund raising badge sold on street corners and to mark events etc. I'll look around a bit for the one on the right - Does it have a ribbon loop? I ask because it looks like a coin to me....
Jim

Post by Jim »

Here is a picture of the reverse of them.
The Middle one has Deutschland Lager Juli-August 1935 Welttreffender der HJ Written on it.
I think this is roughly translatted Camp World Meeting of the HJ.

I appreciate the help lads.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”