2 things

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
jackjones1

2 things

Post by jackjones1 »

Two wee quick questions - 1st one. How do you carry your great coat if your not wearing it? Is is acceptable to put it on your A Frame, if so any suggestions or pictures to show the best way.
2nd question - As you know live firing K98 are getting harder and dearer to find. Is it acceptable to use a Yugoslavian one dated 1944? I know on the cocking leaver the ball has a flat surface. I was speaking to an armourer and he has seen this done on a few German K98 to reduce a bit of the weight. I just thought i would post this to see if it was acceptable, all feedback appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to look and thanks for the help.
Gliderinf

Re: 2 things

Post by Gliderinf »

If you aint wearing your greatcoat -it will be on your tornister on the wagon.

Yugo - I'd rather not.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Peiper

Re: 2 things

Post by Peiper »

Hi Jackjones
As Gilderinf says the greatcoat would be on the tornister (fur covered backpack) and folded into a roll
then attatched to the backpack (tornister) with 3 straps, one either side and one in the middle, there are usually
loops/square buckles on the tornister to do this, also the blanket would be attatched here too, as far as i know
this was done early War, later the normal rucksack was issued when the tornister was phased out.
Hope this helps, regards Pipes :wink:

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”