gladiator helmet

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
abc123

gladiator helmet

Post by abc123 »

Comrades!

Can any of you help me with this? I've just been given a "gladiator helmet" (not a real gladiator helmet, its just called a gladiator helmet), by a friend of mine. It is from the Royal Bulgarian period (WW2, pre-change over) and is part of the RBA Protivovazdushna i Himimicheska Zashtita" - Anti Air and Chemical Defense group. There are 3 decals on it like this:

and here are some policemen? firemen? using it...

Of course, you would doing this if you were a fireman or copper. The amount of times you need to control traffic with a machine gun in 1940's Bulgaria is???

Now, can anybody tell me anything at all about them? The Bulgarians only got their 1st helmet metal press in 1942 to make their M36/C helmets (A&B were made in Austria & Czechoslovakia). So what is the helmet. Is it German?

cheers,

Toddy
abc123

Post by abc123 »

standfast comrades!

Mystery solved thans to German_Helmets.com

The t'internet is a great beast isn't it?
abc123

Post by abc123 »

okay comrade,

its like the RLS style gladiator helmet (with a scoop for the ear, like the M1918 German helmet).

Mine is like this, but with better paint and without the rim running round it. Its nice in a geeky way. they were produced by the germans for the Bulgarians who then (like today) can't do anything unless its "with the natures". Wood? Da! :D Metal? Nie :( What was the wermacht thinking getting them on board???)

Anyway, made in Germany, and its some nice decalry too.

Last edited by abc123 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abc123

Post by abc123 »

Now all I need is a Bulgarian Policemans uniform. Not that I would do Bulgarian police. Oh no... I've also got the belt order and correct collar patches.

oh bugger.... :D
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Can you get tickets then to the Secret Bulgarian Policeman's Ball?
I hear the Bulgarians have huge balls.

Sometimes up to 3,000 people all dance together.

:shock:

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”