Erkennungsmarke

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
jackjones1

Erkennungsmarke

Post by jackjones1 »

looking to get one .but who dose the best ones, and do they do the hole package ie
id/pay book and period photo's
Peiper

Re: Erkennungsmarke

Post by Peiper »

A company called "Tims tags" which i use but does the tag only, a guy on here used to do the
Soldbuchs etc, i dont know if he still does them??, but try to do it yourself like i did, the translation
you can easy find on google, also pics of the original article you can use as a guide??

The company SOF sells all the stamps, books, paperwork etc, just get some brown or period ink
from e-bay for the writing plus some old period photo's you can get on there too, and maybe a
Feldpost letter or two you can slip inside the pages, these you can get on "flea bay" aswell??

It takes time and a little patience but well worth it and satisfying to do the "donkey work" yourself
rather than paying somebody else for a completed and finished article in my opinion ??

Anyway good luck :wink: , Pipes
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

thanks mate your on the ball ,38 members looked at this post and only 1 reply
will have a go at it ,thanks for taking the time to post a reply
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

If you must have gucci tags;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250451211195? ... 1423.l2649
I think they are rather too tidy. I stamp my own as and when I need them.
Erste Zug have notes on Tags and three articles on Soldbuch, here is the first;
http://www.dererstezug.com/SoldbuchAnatomy1.htm
All the stamps you need are available from many sources, this is a cheap option for most of what you need;
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16900&p=157030&hil ... mp#p157030
Or you can have a little patience and wait until the soldbuch completing people find your post that is titled erkennungsmarke?
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

jackjones1 wrote:thanks mate your on the ball ,38 members looked at this post and only 1 reply
will have a go at it ,thanks for taking the time to post a reply
No worries mate, am working nights and often look at new posts, if i can help i will, i remember
when i first got into this lark and had no help and had to learn myself (the hard way lol) but its
easier if guys who have been there and done it pass on their tips, some wont lol, they think "Ive
done it myself why can't they lol", anyway i will post some pics of my finished Soldbuch if it will help
later, also i have many ink stamps etc so if i can help drop me a PM ??

All the best, Pipes :wink:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Lawrence you're being unfair - You have made more faux pas than a faux pas machine on fast forward - and in the early days people flocked to help you - You never listened and you did your own thing - You still do........ That aside -
If jackjones goes to the top right of this screen under the dark green band and looks for the word that looks like this
Search
Presses it and then in the search topic copies and pastes the word "Erkennungsmarke"
He will come up with this
search.php?keywords=erkennungsmarke&ter ... mit=Search
Oh look - I made it easy for him.... Passing on a tip you might say....
The forum is littered with good stuff on dog tags.

He might want to repeat it using the word Soldbuch too.

Me? I don't bother responding much any more because it's all been said (and largely ignored) and there's always someone who knows better.

OK - foul air exhanged for fresh, batteries charged with surface running - time to dive deep again........ Sound the klaxxon, close all hatches, secure torpedo tubes....... set hydroplanes to -20......
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Thanks Hoff, you've made me smile :D :D

I think the early days people tried to rip into me rather than help lol,
but hey ho you live and learn, thats why now i do my own thing and
find out stuff myself .

Regards Pipes
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. As infor the search Hoffman I did do that as i have done many times before posting, but
thanks for the feedback. I always do search and read up as much as a can but my head was getting a wee bit pickled, so i thought i would post it up in the forum so anybody that has got the dog tags (i know thats not the right phrase) that they could give me feedback on who to go to for good ones. I was also looking the complete package with the pay book already filled in - one site said that they would do it for $75 plus shipping which i thought was a bit steep, thats why i asked. In the past i have asked about things on the forum and face to face and have been put on a bum steer once or twice by people who i thought were in the know and who would help. But you always get one in the bunch whos a bit bad. I through things in to the forum to get as much feed back as i can and as much help.

Thanks for looking at this i know its a bit long winded.

P.S. Feedback is better than a christmas present (lol)
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

jackjones1 wrote: But you always get one in the bunch whos a bit bad.

I wont bother helping in future then!! lol :P
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

not you ,you nut lol
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

im still stuck . wall i want for christmas :( :( :(
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

jackjones1 wrote:im still stuck . wall i want for christmas :( :( :(
Whats up kamerad ?? :?

Pipes
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

which one do i get ?

http://www.thirdreichbadges.com
S.S Soldbuch (Pay Book) OVERSTAMPED TYPE.
or S.S Soldbuch (Pay Book).
Here are just two types of books that i have found. I dont know which one to get - is one right is one wrong - confused . com (lol).
Thanks
Last edited by jackjones1 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Links dont work sir
ImageImageImageImageImage
jackjones1

Post by jackjones1 »

sorry just fixed it the best i can sorry

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”