donate
PGnet home | Advertise | Donate | Contact | free classifieds
New here? Register now and join in with the most vibrant re-enactor community on the web.

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:43 pm 

Hello everyone,

So i've finally bit the bullet and gotten myself a set of ATF Dot 44's. As mentioned in his product care description the set is oversized and needs to be shrunk a bit to fit properly. His instructions are NEVER to machine wash or dry as this may damage the product. They also mention that if the product IS machine dried it will shrink around 2 inches (which is i figure how much i need to get it fitting properly). I did a search last night and found a thread (wehrmacht history) that mentions one buyer machine drying his Panzer dot 44 pants and getting exactly the results needed. So my question is, if i hand wash and hang dry the set, will it shrink as much as if i machine dried it?

Wondering if anyone has tried either solution and has advise for me.

Thanks in advance.

Albert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:32 pm 

labrador wrote:
Hello everyone,

So i've finally bit the bullet and gotten myself a set of ATF Dot 44's. As mentioned in his product care description the set is oversized and needs to be shrunk a bit to fit properly. His instructions are NEVER to machine wash or dry as this may damage the product. They also mention that if the product IS machine dried it will shrink around 2 inches (which is i figure how much i need to get it fitting properly). I did a search last night and found a thread (wehrmacht history) that mentions one buyer machine drying his Panzer dot 44 pants and getting exactly the results needed. So my question is, if i hand wash and hang dry the set, will it shrink as much as if i machine dried it?

Wondering if anyone has tried either solution and has advise for me.

Thanks in advance.

Albert

ALBERT IT'S LIKE ANYTHING YOU NEED TO TAKE THE RISK when i got mine a few years ago my tunic was slighty too large trousers were fine , got my mum to run them through the machine and into the tumble dryer twice until i got the result i wanted the tunic lightened a little but i soaked it in tea over a weekend and it gave it a lovely used colour and aged it ,so really it's a chance you wi haver to take to be in a position to decide if successful of not.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:53 pm 

If you hand wash it in warm/ hot water it will shrink dont shrink it to much as you cant wear it over your woolen uniform

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 am 

Sirs, Thanks very much for the advice.

*webmaster temp testing**