MP40 Drill

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Maus Commander

MP40 Drill

Post by Maus Commander »

Ok, so, only a quick and "Simple" [ehehehe] question.

Anybody know how the MP40 drill works, and has anybody got any pictures/instructions?
warren

Post by warren »

1) point MP40 towards object to be drilled.
2) insert magazine with speciall drilling bullets.
3) press on button.
4) object well and truly drilled.

sorry - but i had to..
warren

Post by warren »

unload:
1. apply the safety catch
2. remove the magazine.
3. pull back the cocking handle and check inside for no round in the chamber.
4. release the mechanism.
5. put the magazine in a pouch.

load.
1. load a full magazine.
2. apply safety catch

ready.
1.Cock the weapon.

make safe.
unload followed by load (not including the 'ready').
von papen

Post by von papen »

do you mean , what do i do with an mp40 when the rest of the guys are doing rifle drill, :?:
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

von papen wrote:do you mean , what do i do with an mp40 when the rest of the guys are doing rifle drill, :?:
No ... German DIY

As Warren said use the special Drill round, not forgetting to use masonry ones for concrete structures i.e. When adding a shelve to one's bunker, or high speed ones for steel such as those used to drill a US halftrack… :wink:
von papen

Post by von papen »

well he could be asking about a number of things!, as for german diy, you only need normal drill rounds for things like halftracks and shermans, high powere ones are for is2s! 8)
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
warren

Post by warren »

von papen wrote:well he could be asking about a number of things!, as for german diy, you only need normal drill rounds for things like halftracks and shermans, high powere ones are for is2s! 8)

this is indeed true. if the original question was about 'rifle' drill with an MP40. i don't know sorry.
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

What I do while the others do rifle drill thank you..... :P
von papen

Post by von papen »

i aint sure either, perhaps because only the nco was ment to have an mp40, and he would be taking the rifle drill, that there wasnt much written about it, could have changed later in the war cause sub machine gun became more used?
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

von papen wrote:i aint sure either, perhaps because only the nco was ment to have an mp40, and he would be taking the rifle drill, that there wasnt much written about it, could have changed later in the war cause sub machine gun became more used?

Well, I go under the excuse of either the Anti-tank soldier (they were occassionally issued with an MP40 when also issued with the Panzerfaust)....or a city-fight trooper in our unit. Which does give the slight excuse of my MP40, but in reality its one of the few blank firers we currently have! :lol:

There should surely be something for it somewhere?
pzrwest

drill

Post by pzrwest »

This is just my opinion but here goes. When the mp 40 and mp38 were issued I don't think they were carried "on parade". I think that prior to the war the nco's etc carried rifles or nothing on parade. Once the war began don't think there was formal parade work done. I have never seen any footage or pics with mp38/40's being carried only saw k98's and the nco's carried nothing
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Moterised personnel with MP40s on some form of march or formal do - not nessacerily a parade would have had the weapon slung round the neck.....or I believe would have the but extended and whilst seated, placed the but on the floor and held the weapon vertically with one hand. Primarily in vehicles such as the horsch, halftrack etc....

As has been said already....NCO's were primarily issued with MP40s in the field, on official parade/in the magority senior NCO's carried pistols (sometimes rifles) whilst gefreiters or obergefreiters would carry rifles....
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

So basically I'd have to stand aside and do nothing whilst others used rifles?

[6 men in our group this year, only 3 rifles!] :lol:
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Maus Commander wrote:So basically I'd have to stand aside and do nothing whilst others used rifles?

No - you buy a rifle.

Failing that, you talk to the public about what is going on and what is being said - act as a mediater.

Failing that, learn the drill off by heart, get shit hot at doing it yourself, and act as an instructor.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Sani wrote:
Maus Commander wrote:So basically I'd have to stand aside and do nothing whilst others used rifles?

No - you buy a rifle.

Failing that, you talk to the public about what is going on and what is being said - act as a mediater.

Failing that, learn the drill off by heart, get shit hot at doing it yourself, and act as an instructor.
I'll take the mediator thing, I'm working on some notes and actions our group will be doing at Long Eaton when the public asks about weapons...

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”