MP40 Drill

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Shergar

good boy

Post by Shergar »

good boy your learning the art off clever politics
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Oh the callowness of youth.... Our Tom's the same bless 'im! :roll:
von papen

Post by von papen »

in this country, what else do i learn, oh, they have a bargan bucket to, buy one kar98k, and get four grenades for free! :lol:
Last edited by von papen on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Oh the callowness of youth.... Our Tom's the same bless 'im! :roll:
Only I know when I'm doing it. :lol:
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I should hope so by now!
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

My fault, head was still a little hazy from the London trip so I mis-typed the date.

Um, as far as I can tell we're the 352nd infanterie division, which is mostly the wetern front from November 1943 to July 1944. (though I could probably do with a double check from 352nd himself as there are technically several 352nd divisions) So, um, yeah, kind of 1943-45.
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

Maus Commander wrote:My fault, head was still a little hazy from the London trip so I mis-typed the date.

Um, as far as I can tell we're the 352nd infanterie division, which is mostly the wetern front from November 1943 to July 1944. (though I could probably do with a double check from 352nd himself as there are technically several 352nd divisions) So, um, yeah, kind of 1943-45.
But only one 352 ID. Have a look at the history on 916 GRs site http://www.916gr.co.uk/history.shtml.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I think you'd better take a little visit to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_352 ... y_Division

And get your knowledge there.....
916 Rgt being one of the TOP units in the UK and all....

http://www.916gr.co.uk/index.htm

You certainly have a lot to live up to.... :wink:
Lochner

Post by Lochner »

maybe this has already been mentioned somewhere in the thread already but thesome of the The Landser Books detail drill with different weapons - I havent got my book with me at present to give exact details but I can remember for example that when falling in at at the position of 'Grundstellung' (Order Arms) with a MG42 - the MG42 is placed on the ground on the front right hand side of the Gunner, the MG42 is also shouldered as per K98s etc.

when I can dig out the book I will post the reference.

Lochner
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Lochner wrote:maybe this has already been mentioned somewhere in the thread already but thesome of the The Landser Books detail drill with different weapons - I havent got my book with me at present to give exact details but I can remember for example that when falling in at at the position of 'Grundstellung' (Order Arms) with a MG42 - the MG42 is placed on the ground on the front right hand side of the Gunner, the MG42 is also shouldered as per K98s etc.

when I can dig out the book I will post the reference.

Lochner
Shouldering an MG42 as per a K98 can be done, but that squad member has to be quite strong to keep pace with the riflemen, try lifting a 42 in the vertical position with one hand - its abit of a strain.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
von papen

Post by von papen »

lol. just try and "present a mg42" you arms would snap like twigs, i cant see anyone volentering unless they are very strong, or havent got a rifle, oh ive got an idea,, gavin!
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Can I put me boasty head on and say....
At Swynnerton (Not the last one - one before) I used a 42 with a 300rd belt - Walking up a road, giving cover fire, weapon in the shoulder/hip, avoiding spent shells going up me sleeve - NO jams.

At the ill fated Redditch, I emptied a 100rd Belt at 29th Inf as they ran left to right across an open field, I was in the standing position with the butt of the 42 tucked under me right arm. It can be done.

I've seen one or two more nutters do the same or similar.

What a buzz (Literally)
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Can I put me boasty head on and say....
At Swynnerton (Not the last one - one before) I used a 42 with a 300rd belt - Walking up a road, giving cover fire, weapon in the shoulder/hip, avoiding spent shells going up me sleeve - NO jams.

At the ill fated Redditch, I emptied a 100rd Belt at 29th Inf as they ran left to right across an open field, I was in the standing position with the butt of the 42 tucked under me right arm. It can be done.

I've seen one or two more nutters do the same or similar.

What a buzz (Literally)
Aye but the whole thing about drill PD is that its all done in one motion, it takes practice, and someone with a strong hand (ooo eerr mrs) to keep a 42 in pace with the riflemen when doing the same drill movements. Like I said, theoretically can be done but I bet it looks messy in real life.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Then you Tom mein sohn - can try it this coming week at Beltring! :lol:

No - take a week off - it's your birthday!
Lochner

Post by Lochner »

Sani wrote:
Lochner wrote:Shouldering an MG42 as per a K98 can be done, but that squad member has to be quite strong to keep pace with the riflemen, try lifting a 42 in the vertical position with one hand - its abit of a strain.
LOL and I am sure that that more than anything is the main reason (weight of the bloody thing) - why alot of the movements were restricted for mg42. I know the mg42 was definetly shouldered, however, just as the K98s were - cant remember exactly how though but they didnt use the same movement to get them up on to the left shoulder - the MP40s were also treated differently and were used also in the drill patterns.

These weapons were put through the weapons drill as part of a 'combat squad formation' line up - which would of course be different than a rifle drill parade display - so no.2 who didnt carry a k98 for example would set his ammunition boxes out in front of him (right hand side) and didnt do an awful lot more than just stand there during the drill. Even the mortar team would have laid out their weapons in a similar fashion - and done little more than that. If I can ever find that book again I'll post the details as its interesting stuff.

Lochner

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”