Sdkfz 222 impression q

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
franz20

Sdkfz 222 impression q

Post by franz20 »

Hello!

I have acquired a sdkfz 222 and need help. I am the commander of it, what should my uniform and rank be? What insignia? Waffenfarbe?

Then what rank should my crew be?

Thanks!

Franz
Hoffman Grink

Re: Sdkfz 222 impression q

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I'm sorry - and it's Saturday morning and all but I'm gonna be that grump that kicks the apple cart.

You have acquired a 222 and you don't even know what uniform to wear? What possessed you then? Even buying a simple thing like a Tamiya kit would give you half a decent clue. Yes - I could tell you and maybe I should have - or even just kept quiet as people tend to shout "OOOOOOOh bad man being nasty to me" or get on their high horse. But for the Love of God man. Do some research - that's the fun of being in this hobby. Or at least it used to be...........

And before you start. Spare a thought for me and the others reading this who have also just had their weekend marred by your question. Which never really needed to be asked. I mean you haven't stipulated Heer or SS, Division, Designation of unit, timeframe, theatre or any other factors which could help.

Please - in the nicest possible terms - Go away and do some research........ an maybe even ask your driver?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

and then out of curiousity I put "222, crew, uniform" into Google and then pressed the "Images" tab. :roll:

Nice to see Walther and Kurt turn up early on! :lol:
franz20

Post by franz20 »

My apologies, It was quite late by me when I posted that. I should not have been as blunt in my questioning. I am aware of the pink and yellow waffenfarbe, I'm not sure what would apply to my unit, (we portray France based cossacks, 7th panzer due to it's location?). I understand there are black panzer wraps, hbt panzer wraps and gray assault wraps. I saw at a reenactment a panzer crew reenactor wearing the hbt one over the black one. That confused the hell out of me. I have not seen any info on rank structure, one fellow said it was the same as the Wehrmacht but I do do not feel a leutnant would command such a vehicle. Did not mean to ruffle any feathers. Question was asked late, I in no way, shape or form deny your right to be upset.

Franz
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

No need at all to apologise - it was a very broad question - Did the Cossack unit in question have 222's? If so which unit of the Division? What was the Division's uniform requirement - etc. If you are equipping for a particular and known outfit it should be less difficult to pinpoint. Wearing HBT over black is correct useage. That is what they were intended for as the trousers only have through pockets. So that crew were wearing a proper uniform of the time. I am a little fractious at times and it's because increasingly people ask questions expecting instant answers. Those of us who answer have learned what we have over years of reading, studying, discussing, researching etc. and for some (not you perhaps) to breeze in and more or less demand information can be galling. Having looked at your post history you seem to be an experienced Living Historian/Re-enactor and yes, I see your point of asking a broad question late without fully considering it. Thank YOU for taking it on the chin and coming back with a very mature and balanced answer. I wish you well with your project and hope you settle on a portrayal that is not only accurate but as balanced and well thought out as your post.
I for one would like to see photographs when you get it all together - I would imagine they will be very good.
Regards
PD
valkyrie895

Post by valkyrie895 »

idk about everybody else, but hell, 222's are the shit. I want pictures!!!!!! :)
Obergefreiter Bodo Fehrmann
II./984. Grenadier Regiment, 275. Infanterie Division

"Will mir die Hand noch reichen,
Derweil ich eben lad'.
Kann dir die Hand nicht geben,
Bleib du im ew'gen Leben
Mein guter Kamerad!"

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”