New Unit

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Obergefreiter JR

New Unit

Post by Obergefreiter JR »

Hi Guys,

I have been out of re-enacting for a couple of years, but want to get back in it. I fancy setting up a new unit. What is involved?

Thanks
Danke

Joseph Ruddock
mattnpj

Re: New Unit

Post by mattnpj »

This question is way to broad. Anyway, There are a lot of questions you need to ask.

What type of unit are you talking about?
How much time would you invest in it?
How much money would you invest?
Do you have any members that plan on joining?
etc.

If you are new to reenacting, first try joining a group, forget about making a unit.

-Matt
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

Obergefreiter JR wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been out of re-enacting for a couple of years, but want to get back in it. I fancy setting up a new unit. What is involved?

Thanks
Why?

Serious question, why do you feel that WW2 Axis re-enactment in the UK needs another new unit setting up and what would be different about this new unit of yours?

Unless you can answer that question and include a pitch that would attract new blood to the hobby and/or lure existing re-enactors away from their current groups - what would be the point?

By your own admission you don't have any idea about what is involved in setting up a group, which implies that you own experience of re-enacting and the 'scene' in general is limited - so do you really think that 'setting up a new unit' is the best way for you personally to 'get back in it'?

Please don't take offence, as I'm not trying to be negative nor do I think that I know any better - but I'm honestly interested to understand your motivation?
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

grenmartens wrote:
Obergefreiter JR wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks
Why?

Serious question, why do you feel that WW2 Axis re-enactment in the UK needs another new unit setting up and what would be different about this new unit of yours?

Unless you can answer that question and include a pitch that would attract new blood to the hobby and/or lure existing re-enactors away from their current groups - what would be the point?

By your own admission you don't have any idea about what is involved in setting up a group, which implies that you own experience of re-enacting and the 'scene' in general is limited - so do you really think that 'setting up a new unit' is the best way for you personally to 'get back in it'?

Please don't take offence, as I'm not trying to be negative nor do I think that I know any better - but I'm honestly interested to understand your motivation?

Put more nicely than I could be buggered.
Gliderinf / Luftlande

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”