p38 front venting

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Gilhusen

p38 front venting

Post by Gilhusen »

Hi.

Front venting P38s are okay as long as they don't fire any shot, missile, bullet, or projectile?
and how do you check so you know they can or can't
and do you need a FAC.

thanks. Jon
Brigardefuhrer

Re: p38 front venting

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

You cannot have a front venting blank firer in the uk,you can have a replica which cannot accept a round or be converted to fire.The only pistols on FAC are black powder ie flint locks or percussion civil war type pistols.What exactly are you after?John.SBG
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:You cannot have a front venting blank firer in the uk,you can have a replica which cannot accept a round or be converted to fire.The only pistols on FAC are black powder ie flint locks or percussion civil war type pistols.What exactly are you after?John.SBG
Well put but there is nothing in the Fairearms act saying 'no front venting' it's the discharging a 'thing' that matters. Top, side, up, down dosen't matter as far as the law is concerned.

Top venting is a no fus way of proving it cannot discharge, it cannot have a barrel only a chamber. The item is 'dodgy' (technical term) if it has a barrel capable of discharging (remember that a 'barrel' is a tube) any projectile, note any projectile not just a bullet from a round. The best defence against falling foul of the Firearms act is if it seems dodgy to you stay clear, use your common. Remember 5 years is along time inside. I expect someone to go 'na-na-naaa na' at this point.
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
Gilhusen

Post by Gilhusen »

cheers guy,

I'll just get a top venter.

cheers, jon

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”